browser crashing

irish4778

Reaction score
Browser keeps crashing on my galaxy s3 I even tried downloading a different browser but the problem is still happening anyone have any answers or suggestions Ty

Wopback

Reaction score
I have this also. It's been a problem for 2 days now. Called customer service and their stumped. Did fdr and still an issue.

Others are having it too though.

Wopback

Reaction score
nakedbrowser said:
Does it crash immediately when you open it or can you visit a few pages?

Usually after a few pages and/or certain web sites

Update: I installed chrome.... issue gone

Reaction score
Yeah, but chrome sucks. Its slow, not very well developed, fonts are sized wrong,etc. I actually created a thread about this a few days ago in the s3 general discussions, on this site, as well as q and a on xda. So this is indeed a very real issue. It's about time this issue, which stated a few days ago got recognized.

Edit: this issue is affecting just about everyone i know with an android device.

Wopback

Reaction score
anthrpicdecadnce said:
Yeah, but chrome sucks. Its slow, not very well developed, fonts are sized wrong,etc. I actually created a thread about this a few days ago in the s3 general discussions, on this site, as well as q and a on xda. So this is indeed a very real issue. It's about time this issue, which stated a few days ago got recognized.

Edit: this issue is affecting just about everyone i know with an android device.

I actually think its faster and more stable. I like it.

Word is the browser issue is related to an upcoming update.

Reaction score
Even with the touch lag and lack of landscape cut and paste? Yikes.. to each their own i guess.. yeah i figured the browser bugs are related to SOME change... because this def wasnt happening last week.

Wopback

Reaction score
My favorite thing about chrome............it doesn't crash...

NOVICE

Reaction score
I have been having same problem with stock browser last 3 days. Assumed it was unique to my stock Verizon GS 3. What is going on?

nakedbrowser

Reaction score
I have been having same problem with stock browser last 3 days. Assumed it was unique to my stock Verizon GS 3. What is going on?

Something easy to try is changing your browser's home page. The Android WebView that many browsers use sometimes becomes unstable (usually because of JavaScript). I've seen quite a few complaints lately about problems with google.com in browsers. Google must have changed something on their servers to cause this. If your home page is set to Google (and it is by default in the stock browser) try changing it to something else and see if stability improves. Just a guess.

Wopback

Reaction score
Honeymoon with chrome is over.

I went back to stock. Downloaded the recent flash player, rebooted the phone after the download, and so far no crashes! Plus I got flash back! Hope someone else has the same luck. Im guessing certain pages werent rendering because of lack of flash support and this caused the browser to crash. I attached the flash player from my dropbox...... good luck!

http://db.tt/U4k2QxtG

nakedbrowser

Reaction score
Honeymoon with chrome is over.

I went back to stock. Downloaded the recent flash player, rebooted the phone after the download, and so far no crashes! Plus I got flash back! Hope someone else has the same luck. Im guessing certain pages werent rendering because of lack of flash support and this caused the browser to crash. I attached the flash player from my dropbox...... good luck!

Interested to know what you think of Naked Browser, which is free in the Play Store. If you're into speed, stability, and features ahead of a fancy UI then you might like it. Supports Adobe Flash and does not spy or monitor in any way, unlike many other browser out there.

Also, you can get the most recent Adobe Flash APKs here on Adobe's web site. Just scroll down to the Android section.