Droid 2 Root for DX OTA 2.2...

jloya

Reaction score
im still tryin to thumb through it....if i figure it out ill definitely let you know

shamus

Reaction score
I got it.
I powered my phone off and back on and left the adb window up.
When it restarted the doroot command picked back up and finished the install.

Give that a try.

OP
Soupy McD

Soupy McD

Reaction score
I'll post the definitive guide to the hard way (without an update.zip or easy root) on the first post. Look for that in 20 min.

bcals0087

Reaction score
i had the same problem, i updated java to the latest version and it worked. i dunno why it just did. let me know if this works

jloya

Reaction score
hey soupy,

so i succesfully rooted

would you mind posting the link to deodexed

prince1071

Reaction score
When I rooted with 2.1 I had the phone in PC mode and debugging on and the debugging icon would be in the status bar while connected to my pc.....it's NOT doing that now(with 2.2)....UNLESS I switch my connection to USB Mass Storage......but NOT in PC mode......???

Am I crazy or is this ok? If not, then WTH?

***EDIT*** Ok so I found out that your phone doesnt have to be in "PC Mode" for rooting to work....just as long as the "Debugging" icon is showing in your status bar, your good.....which meant that I can have the phone in "Charge Only" mode (which allowed my Debugging icon to show up...smh) and then handled my business!!! (using a different method though) Rooted, bootstrapped, just did a Nandroid BU and now I'm sure I'll be up all damn night doing all kinds of other procedures now! LOL.....gotta love it!

akates

Reaction score
I've tried this now on 2 different computers and I always get stuck after step 12. After I enter the ./rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin it runs something and then gets stuck on:

[*] adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login.
$

It once rolled over to the c:\Droid2Root directory but I had to disconnect and reconnect to get adb to connect again and then when I mounted I still got $ and not #.

Any ideas? I rooted the leaked 2.2 with the terminal at it was easy but this one is proving to be a bit tougher!

ironman77

Reaction score
If you need help brother I can post a walk-through for you...
Hey Man,

I'm very unfamiler with sdk, adb all of that command prompt stuff. I just bricked my X after the OtA 2.2 and then trying to flash back to 2.1 to gain root. I have a new phone coming tomorrow and would greatly appreciate and step by step walk thru on how to use SDK, ADB what ever I need to root and deodexed. I don't want to deal with any more uglyness from what I've gone thru at this point:)

Thanks,

Thanks,

OP
Soupy McD

Soupy McD

Reaction score
Alright so when it comes to adb it is quite easy! Unfortunately the amount of guides and steps I went through I forget exactly what I did... *facepalm*. Fortunately for you, my windows install took a crap a little bit ago so I have to redo everything.I'll post you steps as I go through them!

OP
Soupy McD

Soupy McD

Reaction score
I've tried this now on 2 different computers and I always get stuck after step 12. After I enter the ./rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin it runs something and then gets stuck on:

[*] adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login.
$

It once rolled over to the c:\Droid2Root directory but I had to disconnect and reconnect to get adb to connect again and then when I mounted I still got $ and not #.

Any ideas? I rooted the leaked 2.2 with the terminal at it was easy but this one is proving to be a bit tougher!

Hmmmm. Try this: reboot the phone and your comp (battery pull the x), start fresh and WAIT. It will return. I had problems with this on the leaked 2.2. Let me know what happens.

ironman77

Reaction score
Thanks man I appreciate you doing that I will work thru the steps as you post them.