Droid 2 Root for DX OTA 2.2...

OP
Soupy McD

Soupy McD

Reaction score
What about the market a user said he is stock and the market is missing a bunch of apps even ones he purchased.

Considering the only apps I have installed are necessities, I haven't had a problem? Could be a problem between 2.1 apps and 2.2 (different versions and kernel). I'm no expert though.

OP
Soupy McD

Soupy McD

Reaction score
DEODEX IS WORKING!!!!

More progress. Time to apply a theme with Bootstrapper. Honestly this thing is a breeze. Thank you MOTO for being, well, simple. (for once?)

wdprice3

Reaction score
well, I guess I'll give SDK another shot tomorrow and try to root this thing.

I've got the feeling I'll be on here begging for help since my last attempt with installing/using SDK failed miserably.

OP
Soupy McD

Soupy McD

Reaction score
Got skype? I'll help you out man... it really isn't that hard. It doesn't take much to get to where you need to be. PM me if you need help. I'm gonna be working on this for awhile tonight. And I have a huge interview tomorrow...oh well.

OP
Soupy McD

Soupy McD

Reaction score
Can you use Terminal Emulator for this Thanks

No, you can't. ADB for root, xUltimate for deODEX.

NexTHEME v3 installed successfully. The OTA is rooted, deODEXed, and themed before midnight PST. LOVE IT.

EDIT: Just removed the bloat. Mmmmmmmmm. YEEEESSSSSS

OP
Soupy McD

Soupy McD

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but there are some caveats...

First: When you are rooted, the custom bootstrapper must be loaded every time before you reboot for it to work (unless someone else has success in consistency).

Second: CREATE A FRIGGIN NANDROID. I haven't had a problem yet, but the new bootloader is different. It is not confirmed (and I don't want to try) if the new bootloader will load the stock 2.1 sbf. So wear a condom.

Third: This can be deodexed, themed, custom boot animation, custom live wallpapers (I have the Galaxy S ones installed and working now), and build.prop'ed.

Great success guys. I'm hitting the sack. See you all tomorrow morning.

latila155

Reaction score
If an application to root the droid x is not made I'm screwed :sad::sad: These steps include cd which I dont know what it stands for. Can someone please write step for step what to do with great details or give a link of a video doing it. Thanks. I already did the upgrade to 2.2

deadmoney920

Reaction score
I am hoping someone could help me root, i just unrooted and updated to 2.2 The problem is I rooted the last time though the terminal emulator without adb and this time i cant seem to do it. I tried through root using my pc (vista) but i could never connect through debugging in PC mode

xliderider

Reaction score
If an application to root the droid x is not made I'm screwed :sad::sad: These steps include cd which I dont know what it stands for. Can someone please write step for step what to do with great details or give a link of a video doing it. Thanks. I already did the upgrade to 2.2

CD is a command to "change directory".

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
@latila the link I posed is just for a one click process program

@deadmoney try for one make sure you are running the program as administrator if you are using win 7 or vista right click and run as admin. Or if that option isn't there then right click go to properties and compatibility and hit run as admin. Also after that try using pc media sync mode instead of pc mode and make sure usb debugging is on.

deeemaa

Reaction score
Third: This can be deodexed, themed, custom boot animation, custom live wallpapers (I have the Galaxy S ones installed and working now), and build.prop'ed.

Great success guys. I'm hitting the sack. See you all tomorrow morning.

got a update zip for us noobies?

deadmoney920

Reaction score
Sydman thank you for all the help... I am updating/reinstalling the moto drivers now to see if that works, when you say pc media sync, you are talking about windows media sync right?

deadmoney920

Reaction score
seriously this is stressing me out now... i reinstalled the drivers rebooted everything and i still cant debugging to connect through windows media sync or pc mode only in charge mode and usb mass storage. When i connect through pc mode it dose not give me the debugging notification just the sync icon, and I just get and auto play on the PC (Vista). What more can I do