Droid 2 Root for DX OTA 2.2...

jloya

Reaction score
help with rooting X after OTA 2.2 update

Hey,

Im running into a few walls when trying to root using this method

xda-developers - View Single Post - Easier 1-2-3 Droid 2 Root for Windows and Linux (and soon Mac)

I know it has to be something im doing wrong

the first step states

1. Extract and Update Android SDK package to your computer. The file comes in a zip file. Just open it up and drag and drop the android-sdk-windows folder to your C drive. Next, extract the files from the DORoot zip file to the tools folder of Android SDK. You should be moving 7 or 8 files into the tools folder.

I downloaded the file listed from the link above the file shows as "DoRooforWindows" and its zipped. I right clicked the file and extracted it. Now it shows as a normal "DoRootForWindows" File. I do not really understand what it means by "update android SDK package to your computer? It states it comes in a zip file but where can I find this file?

any help would be much appreciated :greendroid: :)

anrichardson

Reaction score
Hey,

xda-developers - View Single Post - Easier 1-2-3 Droid 2 Root for Windows and Linux (and soon Mac)

the first step states

1. Extract and Update Android SDK package to your computer. The file comes in a zip file. Just open it up and drag and drop the android-sdk-windows folder to your C drive. Next, extract the files from the DORoot zip file to the tools folder of Android SDK. You should be moving 7 or 8 files into the tools folder.

I downloaded the file listed from the link above the file shows as "DoRooforWindows" and its zipped. I right clicked the file and extracted it. Now it shows as a normal "DoRootForWindows" File. I do not really understand what it means by "update android SDK package to your computer? It states it comes in a zip file but where can I find this file?

Take the files out of "DoRootForWindows" folder and put them in Android SDK Tools folder. Then proceed.

jloya

Reaction score
Hey,

the first step states

Take the files out of "DoRootForWindows" folder and put them in Android SDK Tools folder. Then proceed.

thank you, Do I have to download the adriod SDK online or does it reside on the device?

jloya

Reaction score
also when extracting the DoRoot files into the andriod SDK files do I just copy the file "DoRoot" file into the tools file or just copy the contents of the DoRoot file into tools folder

jloya

Reaction score
ok so I downloaded the andriod SDK file from the link below

Android SDK | Android Developers

I then extracted the contents of the DoRoot folder into the tools folder in the Android SDK files

I then ran the doroot.bat file

windows dos screen appeared and this is were it stopped

*adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login

so does this mean its completed or is there something more beyond this?

jloya

Reaction score
after 5 mins - it came back saying "root failed"

im retrying now

JoelWRX

Reaction score
Whenever I attempt to adb push the bin file to /data/local/tmp it says permission denied... any ideas?

jloya

Reaction score
so it the dos windows was stuck on

*adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login

for about 45 minutes

I canceled and noticed the USB debugging icon was not in the notification bar

switched to charge only and it appeared

retrying the doroot.bat

now stuck at *adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login, will wait to see what happens

jloya

Reaction score
root came back saying it failed

I closed the does window and now my device is stuck with the driod eye

i think its time to send out the S.O.S

can anyone help?????

jloya

Reaction score
pulled the battery - rebooted

now at home screen

whew i thought i screwed up my phone

sooo any ideas as to why the root didnt work or can you guys suggest an alternate method?

x450

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know there is probably an easy fix to this but I'm getting frustrated.
I've done all the pushing and got the "$" and it all went fine. Now when I try to continue and enter "adb devices", to check for connection, I get a serial number and "offline".
I then run "adb shell" and again get "error: device offline"
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

EDIT: well it now notices it but I don't have the "#" but the "$" again.....this is so frustrating
EDIT EDIT: LOL I think I finally got it. Ended up installing a set of drivers in SDK and redoing the whole process....not sure if the drivers helped but I believe I am rooted now!

octavius

Reaction score
worked perfect for me on a mac. so much easier than windows. anyways.. just updated to 2.2 and got root back! w00t!! erh um.. r00t!

wdprice3

Reaction score
I'm at step 15/16 and when I adb devices, two show up (same device #) with one offline, the other says device.

adb shell gives an error (more than one device)

ok, that went away.... interesting.

but now instead of # I'm getting $

so I started over and it's been sitting at step 12/13 for a while now...

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!

finally went through. had to add adb kill-server between 14 & 15