Droid 2 OTA Update soon?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine has been awful

What exactly does that mean? It's horrible how? I had some issues but a 30 second battery pull took care of it.

We are here to help but just saying it's awful isn't giving us an opportunity to help and is just complaining.i

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Second attempt failed also, what am I doing wrong?

Sent from Droid2

I think you need to go back to stock. That probably you are getting a fail because you are rooted.

That's the way it worked with the D1, darn D2 rooting is so complicated I'm not certain.

plasticmajestic

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully updated while running a custom ROM with a theme? I am running a GREEN 2.4.5 rom with Kangerade Blue theme. I would like the OTA update for the new baseband/radio and bettery battery life.

I may just play it safe and restore to a stock ROM. If so, can I just use ROM manager (Clockwork and then restore) or will I need to SBF?

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
speaking of updates,what are these FRG83 2.2.1 roms I'm seeing? does anybody think this will actually officially be released by google?(or has it been released already) All I know is I still have a 2.2 FRG22D rom right now(UD8)

elcompaLalo

Reaction score

Sent from Droid2

I think you need to go back to stock. That probably you are getting a fail because you are rooted.

That's the way it worked with the D1, darn D2 rooting is so complicated I'm not certain.

Ok, a bit confused because I misunderstood previous posts stating rooted phones updated would just lose root.

Sent from Droid2

pool_shark

Reaction score

Sent from Droid2

Ok, a bit confused because I misunderstood previous posts stating rooted phones updated would just lose root.

Sent from Droid2

I updated my phone while rooted.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Yea, just read your post in that other thread.

I have all of the original apps, none were ever deleted......just frozen. I figured if I were to defrost them the update would be successful but it was not.

Sent from Droid2

Canadroid

Reaction score
Yea, just read your post in that other thread.

I have all of the original apps, none were ever deleted......just frozen. I figured if I were to defrost them the update would be successful but it was not.

Sent from Droid2

I'm having a similar problem. After pulling the update and having it fail twice I went to double check that Blockbuster, AmazonMp3 and other bloat had indeed been defrosted in TB.

I noticed one hanging out highlighted blue that I don't remember freezing at any point:

' ContactsUnconnected 2.2 '

I can un freeze this but when I re-boot the phone it shows as frozen again when I go back into TB. I'm wondering if this could be causing my install gag? I did not mess around re-naming any bloatware or moving files...can't ind much info on this app, it bears an "M" logo in the icon and I'm pretty certain it's an original file.

Anyone know what it's for, sync or blur related?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
as i said in anther thread: You can save the time in trying to figure out what to unfreeze by just flashing an sbf back to factory or install the ota manually from MDW.

Canadroid

Reaction score
as i said in anther thread: You can save the time in trying to figure out what to unfreeze by just flashing an sbf back to factory or install the ota manually from MDW.

I saw that thread and I hear ya--I'll look into the MDW option a little further. It's just odd to me that some rooted users are updating OTA without issue (other than losing root obviously) while some of us have failures.

I have a feeling the contactsunconnected process is not the real culprit for me, in any case.

event121

Reaction score
The ones getting the update while rooted with a successful install didn't remove the "bloatware" or successfully restored it via backup or file rename/permissions.

Try what you can since you can essentially .sbf to the old (and then OTA) or to the new if you want.

EDIT: Sorry, not saying anyone having the problem didn't try the restore or renaming files.. The downfalls of getting rid of those items were pretty evident when people started posting how to remove them.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I just had two back to back update failures and now I can't even pull the update. Looks like I'm gonna have to do this onee manually...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App