Who has gotten the 2.3.20 OTA update? and when?

dcw9ma

Reaction score
Yes, I have the same problem. I get a force close message when I click on the battery usage icon in settings. Initially, after the download, I thought I was getting better battery life. Now, I am getting worse battery life than before.

Snipe315

Reaction score
Got the update today--is anyone else having issues with WiFi now?

I can connect to the router and see the network and connect to the computers but I cannot connect to the internet anymore and it's worked just fine for the first month.

Actually it should work better now (WiFi) since that was one of the stated fixes. My Droid 2 suffered the bouncing on/off problem before the update and since getting, my WiFi works great!

And the Battery Manager crashing issue has been mentioned on several forums. Usually a battery pull - wait 30 seconds - restore, fixes the issue.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
It was in my phone this morning but the installation failed. The phone keeps shutting itself off and trying to install it. I finally went into settings > phone info > system updates and caught it as it was downloading again. I waited until it was downloaded and then hit the System Update button and got it before it started auto install. I clicked install later.

I am rooted and really do not want to unroot and install this update and then re-root again.

Is there anything in the update that would justify all the trouble?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have the same problem. I get a force close message when I click on the battery usage icon in settings. Initially, after the download, I thought I was getting better battery life. Now, I am getting worse battery life than before.

Yeah but you can't say it's the update since you can't see it on your battery info.

The battery usage works for me sometimes when I have it plugged in. I can't get it to work for me at all this morning but I can see a higher use in battery from Beautiful Widgets.

awdftw

Reaction score
I just got my phone last night and it updated without issue. I havent found anything as of yet in the way of problems

tlj000

Reaction score
update done

Got the update today. I have the same problem. I get a force close message when I click on the battery usage icon in settings.
I don't really see any other changes.

zanzeroth

Reaction score
i got the update and it auto installed but when i went in to root my droid2 again it doesn't seem to have taken. when i cycle power on the phone and log into the shell i get the $symbol instead of the # symbol. also barnacle will run but i cant connect to it and if i do it doesn't give me internet access. does anyone know of a fix or how to roll back the up date?

Dankinia

Reaction score
I just got the update tonight. I was one of the ones that had the wifi issue where it would connect/reconnect over and over again on my home network. I thought the issue had been resolved when I went about 30 minutes with no problems, but it has now started dropping the connection again. Since my laptop is running off the same router with no problems, the issue still must be with the phone.

Last edited:

MotoDroid

Reaction score
I got the update 2 days ago.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

solar

Reaction score
I just got the update tonight. I was one of the ones that had the wifi issue where it would connect/reconnect over and over again on my home network. I thought the issue had been resolved when I went about 30 minutes with no problems, but it has now started dropping the connection again. Since my laptop is running off the same router with no problems, the issue still must be with the phone.

I have that problem still on occasion as well. More annoying is that whenever I enable my WiFi it won't connect and aquire an IP unless I go into the wireless menu where you wouls connect manually. I was really hoping this would be fixed because its every fracking time. Oh well....

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

bdizz07

Reaction score
Ive been updated for almost a week. Woke up in the morning and had the update message pop up on my screen took all of 5min to install. Phone has gave me any errors or anything so far. I did notice a few things but there minor thats it.

Best phone to own IMO.:icon_ banana:

Omegablack

Reaction score
Maybe I did something wrong, but last time forced an update it almost ruined my phone. I had a horrible time getting it to work again and its still sketchy. Better be sure about the source u get ur zip file from, etc. I wish I had just waited to get the update OTA.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

atmiller70

Reaction score
Update Done-root access

Droid 2 rooted. Unrooted and update still failed. Saw a post on DroidLife.com where a user reinstalled all his "bloatware" system apps he had uninstalled using his root access. I re-rooted. Reinstalled my "bloatware." I then redownloaded and installed the OTA update. The update removed my root access so I simply re-rooted. All seems good so far. I didn't flash any ROMs. I wanted root access mostly for free wireless tethering so I am very much a novice and don't try out new ROMs etc. The post on droidlife.com mentioned that if the OTA update saw any change to the original Verizon ROM it would fail the update (ie. looking for all the junk they preinstall that can only be removed with root access). Like I said, seemed to work for me.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe I did something wrong, but last time forced an update it almost ruined my phone. I had a horrible time getting it to work again and its still sketchy. Better be sure about the source u get ur zip file from, etc. I wish I had just waited to get the update OTA.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

You've got a better chance of something going wrong with an OTA update then if you do it yourself. Sure, be aware of where you're getting the update from but I'll bet you can solve any issues you're having with a Factory Data Reset.