Who has gotten the 2.3.20 OTA update? and when?

razingkane

Reaction score
The update was waiting for me early this morning. It took about 3 minutes. Late this afternoon I was Best Buy scanning a QR when my phone hung. I had to remove the battery to get the phone to restart. I don't think the hang had anything to do with the update though.

This was the 5th time my phone hung since installing the Roboform app. Prior to installing the Roboform app, my phone had never hung since I bought it in September. I uninstalled the Roboform app this evening. Now I'm waiting to see if I get any more hangs.

Taegost

Reaction score
I got my update this morning and had it rooted again 15 minutes later :)
(Had to write down the instructions and my computer isn't unpacked yet)

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when we will see the first custom ROM based off the ASOP of 2.3? This may be the wrong thread, because I have a D1. Sorry.

chrisbooth12

Reaction score
wtf I just checked and I have it..my phone is rooted and I took almost all of the stock apps off..I did not even get a prompt or remember it restarting..weird. The last update I did was a Deoxed 2.2 ROM

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
2 different phones with two different sets of bugs to work out

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid2crazy

Reaction score
Ive got an unrooted droid 2 and still havent got the update. i guess ill have to wait it out because im really not sure on how to do the manual update. sucks because im anxious.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ive got an unrooted droid 2 and still havent got the update. i guess ill have to wait it out because im really not sure on how to do the manual update. sucks because im anxious.

Are you using a rom or theme? The 2.3.2 update has been out for quite some time.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score

Are you using a rom or theme? The 2.3.2 update has been out for quite some time.

he says unrooted so he shouldnt have either.....go to settings, about phone, system updates and it should show it when you get there

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lol I obviously skimmed right over that part. Try what swill said.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
i was just wondering lol...but yea when you hit system updates it scans for any new updates out there if that doesn't work you can call Verizon bc you should already have it for sure

lpulle

Reaction score
Someone said automatically update??? Being I'm rooted - I don't want to update until all you great software guru get the bugs out and tell me if I have to unroot or not! !!! How do you turn the auto update off? DROID 2

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
It should promp you to not ask again when it does.....and yes u will have to unroot!!!! DO NOT UPDATE if you are rooted....unroot first then you can re root however you would like....I prefer z4root but that's just me I don't recommend if you don't no what rooting does