rooting a 2.3.20 OTA phone and installing Star Wars No Star Wars questions

eggsped

Reaction score
Got a new phone and updated to 2.3.20 OTA right away. I'm kicking around rooting the phone and installing the Star Wars zip. Can I safely install it on a 2.3.20 phone? If I have a problem I can only use a 2.3.20 sbf to recover correct? Searching isn't quite yielding detailed enough results for me to feel comfortable attacking this.

Any information about what I have to be concerned about when rooting a 2.3.20 phone?

tehcko

Reaction score
Got a new phone and updated to 2.3.20 OTA right away. I'm kicking around rooting the phone and installing the Star Wars zip. Can I safely install it on a 2.3.20 phone? If I have a problem I can only use a 2.3.20 sbf to recover correct? Searching isn't quite yielding detailed enough results for me to feel comfortable attacking this.

Any information about what I have to be concerned about when rooting a 2.3.20 phone?

after you root remember to make a backup before anything you do related with the system if you havent try it yet. for example, when i try something new that i dont know, like a theme for any rom, i do my backup first cause i dont know how the phone will perform after. if there is any problem i can go back to the previous configuration, i have had sbf my phone before with the same 2.3.20 couple of times... its all good so far.... good luck!...

OP
E

eggsped

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I've thrown all kinds of stuff on my D1 but I'm thinking the unlocked bootloader makes it a little more forgiving than the D2.

From what I gather, please correct me if I'm wrong, I can install any of the roms via zip file on the phone with 2.3.20 but if I need to sbf I have to use a 2.3.20 or later rom else it will brick the phone, for real. Is that true?

Thanks