Droid 2 Miui install/bug/questions&answers thread.

Miui has stock recovery built into the menu. I had to use rom manager to get into cw

CM74D2

Try flashing CWR in ROM manager. That did the trick for me and was able to to boot into recovery in the reboot menu. but until I re flashed it would go to Andy.

Did you flash the Droid X (2nd init) or Droid 2 CWR? I flashed the Droid 2 version and I can't get into CWR via the menu nor rom manager.

EDIT: When I reboot into recovery via the menu it was going into the stock recovery. When I rebooted via rom manager it was stuck at the motorola logo.

I tried it a few times and now it worked from rom manager. I also deleted liberty toolbox so I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

BTW I'm now running the MIUI Extended Settings Mod with no problems. No more Verizon Wireless in the notification bar!!!!

Last edited:
The extended settings are working awesome for me. Mount system and Install from zip in CW.

I'm really diggin this rom. Now all we need is a lock slider to toggle between silent and normal ring and we are in business.

Camera works for me too.

updated to 1.7.22.1 and camera's working now, still cant get the extended settings to work.. ive flashed a few times in cw and it wont show up in the date/time settings

tb110895

The extended settings are working awesome for me. Mount system and Install from zip in CW.

I'm really diggin this rom. Now all we need is a lock slider to toggle between silent and normal ring and we are in business.

Camera works for me too.

Can you post a screenie of what the extended settings looks like?

EDIT- mounted system and it worked. Thanks!

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Last edited:
hey guys when you use CW how are you booting into it? from the rom manager?

also what's with the "download size requires wifi" error for EVERYTHING lol is that a setting somewhere I need to mess with?

Loving this rom

tb110895

hey guys when you use CW how are you booting into it? from the rom manager?

also what's with the "download size requires wifi" error for EVERYTHING lol is that a setting somewhere I need to mess with?

Loving this rom

Just saw your edit. That's a setting but I'm not sure where. Try the downloads app maybe?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

gotcha gotcha thanks!

not a technical question but has anybody found a messaging theme thats something like the iphone with the bubbles? I really like that style of messaging (not trying to make my droid the iphone tho since we all know droid>>iphone lol)

Also my 2 cents about the system so far:

1. Need volume controls for different volumes. ie master volume vs alarms vs media etc
2. App drawer integration would be great however definitely not necessary lol
3. Ability to boot into CW recovery (yea i know this one is well known lol)
4. When looking in themes a "Most popular" selection at the top instead of all vs. latest would be nice

Other than that this ROM is fantastic and I give kudos to the dev (both the ones here and the original creators) love the smoothness and feel of the system very sleek