Droid 2 Miui install/bug/questions&answers thread.

Gonna try out this rom. Can I just restore back to stock 2.2 first or do i have to completely sbf? i'm currently running liberty gingerbread

You need to sbf, or there is supposed to be a file you can flash over GB to get back. If you try and flash a Froyo backup over GB, you will brick and have to sbf anyway.

SSX v2.0

Just a heads up: Google Voice (making calls from GV number) does not function on MIUI.

I have GV set to handle all my international calls - I just called a friend in Spain and it worked fine - the GV graphic came up over the dialer and the announcement of the cost of the call came over the headset. Is that not what you mean? Seems to work for me.

Can you make a local call? I usually set it to "Ask everytime I make a call" and it wasn't working.

I also found a post on another thread explaining steps that I've never had to use before.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-d1-miui/152539-google-voice-miui.html#post1568893

Last edited:
Just a heads up: Google Voice (making calls from GV number) does not function on MIUI.

I have GV set to handle all my international calls - I just called a friend in Spain and it worked fine - the GV graphic came up over the dialer and the announcement of the cost of the call came over the headset. Is that not what you mean? Seems to work for me.

Can you make a local call? I usually set it to "Ask everytime I make a call" and it wasn't working.

I also found a post on another thread explaining steps that I've never had to use before.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-d1-miui/152539-google-voice-miui.html#post1568893

OK, so it works, but it is behaving oddly.

I set it to ask me on every call.

If I dial a number on the dial pad, I'm not prompted.

If I go to a contact and select a phone number in that contact, I am prompted.

If I use a speed dial (on Touchpal Dialer) I am prompted.

So punching in a number doesn't get the prompt, other "automated" methods do. My international call earlier today was via selecting a number from a contact.

Hope that helps...I only use GV to dial international, and have only used it by selecting a number from a contact, so no idea if it worked differently on other ROMs.

Just saw your add-on to your post and your link...

Yeah, I have 3rd party enabled, as I was trying to fix another problem and stumbled across that.

The behavior is still odd...entering a number (in either the stock dialer or touchpal dialer) doesn't get the prompt, while other ways of initiating a phone call do work.

I'm finally home from work and going to see what the hell is up with the bootanimation. While I was at work, I completely wiped my phone clean, redid everything, downloaded MIUI from ROM Manager Premium this time, got everything settle down. Got one of my custom bootanimations ready, pushed it on top of /system/media bootanimation (overwrite). Still got nothing.

I'm finally home from work and going to see what the hell is up with the bootanimation. While I was at work, I completely wiped my phone clean, redid everything, downloaded MIUI from ROM Manager Premium this time, got everything settle down. Got one of my custom bootanimations ready, pushed it on top of /system/media bootanimation (overwrite). Still got nothing.

Post your boot animations and I'll download and try it sometime tonight.

Have you tried any boot animations from sources other than your own?

Its a tool to help you monitor you usage, they also have one for data.

Yeah, that was annoying me. I just turned it off. Thank god for unlimited data.

CM74D2 (I can't put this thing down!)

I put mine in the "tools" folder but look for the "monitor" app.

Back