Droid 2 Miui install/bug/questions&answers thread.

tb110895

Reaction score
Yeah, I've been curious, since MIUI releases are developed natively in Chinese, is there lag time is between development and release of the updates for us, and also how quickly will Framework integrate the weekly updates into our build...

That is one of the things I miss from CM...nightlies. :)

I'm pretty sure its the same principle as night lies, just weekly instead. I don't think there is any lag time really, as far as I've seen with releases for other devices. The OG droid had the new design the day it was released. Its usually released friday, by the maintainer for that phone like bird and rev for CM. If not Friday then saturday.

Yeah, they already have 2.3.5 lol. Cyanogen works quick

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Cole12

Reaction score
na haven't gotten swype to work... i can't even get it downloaded from the installer :/

I got swype to work by downloading the installer online rather than restoring it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

papp_e

Reaction score
also, has anyone else noticed that if you have both screen off and screen on animations turned OFF, that the screen does some laggy fade in when turning on and laggy fade out when turning off? If either one OR the other of the animations are ON and the other OFF, the screen behaves normally ( animation on one, regular off on the other) and is not laggy at all.

Ultimately im trying to be able to turn both off but i dont want to settle for the laggy on/off 'thing' that happens when both animations are set to off; any fix to this yet?

thanks

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
na haven't gotten swype to work... i can't even get it downloaded from the installer :/

I got swype to work by downloading the installer online rather than restoring it.

I did the same...downloaded new swype installer, and ran installation. however, it didn't work at first, as Swype wants to license the app before it's enabled, and there is no "enable' step on MIUI...all keyboards are enabled as soon as they are installed (Bad MIUI!). :)

I went through several install attempts, and followed some of the advice in these links below, but in the end it seemed to "just work" after several failed installs. Others have had similar experiences so keep trying. I did read one post from someone who restored Swype installer and keyboard from TiBU (app+data restore) and it worked for him that way.

Get Swype Keyboard working on MIUI ROM | Android Peek

Swype 3.0 finally works on MIUI! [Archive] - MIUI Android Forums

gamenahd

Reaction score
Is battery usage broken for anyone? It just shows 0% for everything then force closes if I scroll down.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been curious, since MIUI releases are developed natively in Chinese, is there lag time is between development and release of the updates for us, and also how quickly will Framework integrate the weekly updates into our build...

That is one of the things I miss from CM...nightlies. :)

I'm pretty sure its the same principle as night lies, just weekly instead. I don't think there is any lag time really, as far as I've seen with releases for other devices. The OG droid had the new design the day it was released. Its usually released friday, by the maintainer for that phone like bird and rev for CM. If not Friday then saturday.

Yeah, they already have 2.3.5 lol. Cyanogen works quick

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Thanks....I haven't been following MIUI on any other phones so wasn't aware how things flowed. I suspect we'll lag the MIUI4DX a little, as Framework seems to take care of that device first in his sequence.

ILikeWaffles

Reaction score
Couple quirks I found as time progresses here...

1. 3G cuts out once in a while to the point of having to have to reboot.
2. Cannot pair bluetooth with my car. It will not prompt for the code.
3. When using a downloaded lockscreen it will reboot itself when inserted in the car cradle (landscape).

Definitely a cool rom, but I might jump around a bit again.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Couple quirks I found as time progresses here...

1. 3G cuts out once in a while to the point of having to have to reboot.
2. Cannot pair bluetooth with my car. It will not prompt for the code.
3. When using a downloaded lockscreen it will reboot itself when inserted in the car cradle (landscape).

Definitely a cool rom, but I might jump around a bit again.

1. Have never seen this (on any ROM, frankly)
2. Don't use BT
3. I have a similar somewhat repeatable issue...I see it w/my home "multimedia" charging doc. It appears that if I insert my D2 into the dock w/it unlocked, things are fine, but if insert it with it locked, the device frequently locks up and is unresponsive on the lock screen. The only thing that has an affect is pressing the power button to turn off the screen, but once I do that the screen will not come back on and the only thing that works is to pull the battery and restart.

I've seen this repeatedly at night when I'm getting ready to go to bed and put the phone in the dock...problem is I just tried to replicate it w/the stock lock screen as well as the Nuwan and third lock screen and could not get it to happen w/any of them right now! :icon_eek:

There is definitely an issue related to docking stations and this ROM and/or certain lock screens, I've seen it quite often, I just have to do a better job of noting the steps to reproduce it consistently. :)

papp_e

Reaction score
Im able to link with my bluetooth headset and use it properly, HOWEVER sometimes it takes a lot of massaging to get it to connect (theyre paired already and did so fine, but connecting sometimes takes a few tries).

Has anyone notices:

1: horrible battery life
2: boot animations not sticking after being applied. (using stock MIUI boot ani changer, animations choosen dont make a difference, the stock one still is played)

i come to work at 8, by the time i leave (with barely any usage at all, just some texting), my phone will be at 10%. Horrible!!!!

ILikeWaffles

Reaction score
Yeah but does the Bluetooth headset give you a pin number to enter before it pairs? The car gives a pin number that the phone is supposed to prompt for. CM7 and all other roms worked fine. I'll screw around with it some more.

As far as battery goes I had 100% at 9am and its noon now and I'm down to 20%. It seemed fine before today. I think we just have to calibrate the battery. Something I have never done and seems like a PITA to do.

Pandemic187

Reaction score
I can't seem to play WMAs. I don't know if that is due to MIUI or CM7 not supporting them. Has anyone else noticed this?

Cole12

Reaction score
I installed miui while on a vacation. As I drove back home, my phone kept switching to extended network, which was normal. Now I'm home and my phone keeps switching to extended network and dropping calls even though I get great coverage in my hometown. I think this is the new ROMs fault, any ideas on how to fix it?

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
As far as battery goes I had 100% at 9am and its noon now and I'm down to 20%. It seemed fine before today. I think we just have to calibrate the battery. Something I have never done and seems like a PITA to do.

calibrating the battery is pretty simple, just download the battery calibrate app from the market and charge your phone to 100% then run the app. or you could boot into recovery and go to advance and wipe battery stats there after charging to 100%

papp_e

Reaction score
i did mess around with wiping battery stats and the phone wasnt fully charged, probably below 50% as well.

if you wipe battery stats when the battery isnt fully charged, does it FSU?

also, anyone notice the boot animation problem? I guess it doesnt REALLY have an impact on anything at all, but who doesnt want a windows 7 boot animation??