Download the ICS leak or wait for OTA

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'm waiting until I get home. My wifi is much better at home and so is my 3G. I'd love to hear if there are any differences between the leaks and the OTA. Especially freezing bloat. It seems that the later leaks were unable to freeze VZ Nav and a few other apps while the early leaks like mine could.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting until I get home. My wifi is much better at home and so is my 3G. I'd love to hear if there are any differences between the leaks and the OTA. Especially freezing bloat. It seems that the later leaks were unable to freeze VZ Nav and a few other apps while the early leaks like mine could.

The bloat thing is by design. You can craft an application that can't be disabled(which to me is a flaw in ICS). A little bit of rooting goes a long way. And Congratulations Rezound owners for finally getting the ICS OTA. Technically only 2 months late :)

OP
johnfish

johnfish

Reaction score
I was able to freeze all of the verizon apps except my verizon. Be aware though that you have to uninstall updates before you get the ability to disable them.

John

svdroiddude

Reaction score
I was able to freeze all of the verizon apps except my verizon. Be aware though that you have to uninstall updates before you get the ability to disable them.

John

Good to know...about uninstalling the updates! Mine's still updating but it is going well so far :)

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
johnfish said:
Thanks Jedi, I am actually am downloading the OTA right now so I am finally happy. I hope it improves things!

John

What you are downloading is the fantastic leak not an OTA software upgrade.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS/Galaxy Siii using Droid Forums

trackman1

Reaction score
i hear there is a 7mb and a 299mb....how are they d/l??.....does one start right after the other...?..or do you d/l them separately??

thanks

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
trackman1 said:
i hear there is a 7mb and a 299mb....how are they d/l??.....does one start right after the other...?..or do you d/l them separately??

thanks

The last leak, which is pretty much official is 630mb, did you go to my thread with the link to the download.

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
The last leak, which is pretty much official is 630mb, did you go to my thread with the link to the download.

The leak was uncompressed. This is compressed and polished. Why download a leak when the ota is out

Sent from the most underrated phone......the HTC Rezound

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Brightonbrad said:
The leak was uncompressed. This is compressed and polished. Why download a leak when the ota is out

Sent from the most underrated phone......the HTC Rezound

So when did you receive the OTA.

trackman1

Reaction score
To be safe I want to D/L the OTA....but i just wanted clarification ..how the 2 files are D/L...can someone please advise...Thanks.....

Nevermind I found out info

Last edited: