Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Clearly I didn't understand exactly how easy you made it! I thought I had to go back to 905, and then go to the ICS leak I wanted.

Well, that'll teach me. So, it's normal for my fresh 905 system to not boot? I figured if I went back to 905, it would at least boot up like normal.

What about root? Will I be able to root on the ICS leak? (232, in this case)

Thou hath broketh my golden rule. READ EVERYTHING. Of course the HoB will root. That's silly. :) And as for FXZ'ing back to 905 not working...no idea. Did you do a FULL or KEEP DATA? FULL should have worked.

joebetsill

Reaction score
Thou hath broketh my golden rule. READ EVERYTHING. Of course the HoB will root. That's silly. :) And as for FXZ'ing back to 905 not working...no idea. Did you do a FULL or KEEP DATA? FULL should have worked.

I read the OP, I guess I just didn't understand it all. I did a Full, and it never boots; just hands with the M boot logo. That has me worried.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I read the OP, I guess I just didn't understand it all. I did a Full, and it never boots; just hands with the M boot logo. That has me worried.

Do it again, and then boot into recovery and do a factory reset. That should get you back to working.

joebetsill

Reaction score
Do it again, and then boot into recovery and do a factory reset. That should get you back to working.

I just flashed 232 manually, and it appears to have resolved everything. Now, to root, and then Titanium Backup, to the rescue! :)

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
samurihl said:
do it again, and then boot into recovery and do a factory reset. That should get you back to working.

samurihl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just flashed 232 manually, and it appears to have resolved everything. Now, to root, and then Titanium Backup, to the rescue! :)

DO NOT, under any circumstances, restore ANY system data with TiBU!!!! You have been warned. :)

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
Hey, I was being uber cautious. I've never seen an FXZ fail like that. have you?

Lmao nvm about that lmao i have something awesoooome to show u

joebetsill

Reaction score
DO NOT, under any circumstances, restore ANY system data with TiBU!!!! You have been warned. :)

Never! I'm not new at this, remember? The root went off without a hitch. Back up and running. Next time, I'll just head right to the ICS leak I want. :)

Thanks!

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Holy snikes! That's quite impressive. :)

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Never! I'm not new at this, remember? The root went off without a hitch. Back up and running. Next time, I'll just head right to the ICS leak I want. :)

Thanks!

Hey I don't know...you didn't read that all you had to do was pick the INSTALL 232 option initially. :p HEHEHE. Sounds like you're good to go. Excellent!

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
altspeed said:
Hold up! Sarge! How? The PO module? I tried to flash it and it didn't work on the ICS kernel. Tell! Start a thread!

U have to flash team haters redhead rom an if ur bionic doesnt oc to 1.2 after the update then u cant over clock with the rom