Does upgrading to. 215 noticeably improve the battery life on a razr?

GPYoung

Reaction score
I have tried foxkat's battery fix twice to the letter and cleared my cache as well.
Just wondering if the leaked .215 makes a substantial difference. My battery does not last nearly as long on my razr after the upgrade to ICS.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yes users have reported battery life vastly improving after installing the .215 leak.

OP
GPYoung

GPYoung

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I may hold off as I have a scheduled follow up call from tier 2 csr with vzw tomorrow in reference to my battery issue. They have had me run my phone in safe mode for a day to see if life shows improvement. No change really. Still very poor. If I get no satisfactory resolution tomorrow from vzw, then I will install .215 I have already downloaded matty's zip and moved it to my sd card as stand alone file..... just do not want to do it until vzw call tomorrow as I do not want to bugger that up.

Thanks,
Geoff

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah probably a good idea to wait and see what they have to say. Hopefully offer more help than to just tell you to do a factory data reset.

OP
GPYoung

GPYoung

Reaction score
Very astute..... she is going to tell me to do just that...... I have preempted her and gone ahead with the fdr....still no change. Love the ics but it has toasted my batt for some reason.... no task killers installed or virus scanner either. Got rid of vzw locator as well..... we shall see. I am hoping she will just send me a new unit and possibly even shoot me a maxx although I shall not hold my breath on that.....

Thanks,
Geoff

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah that would be like finding the golden ticket inside your Wonka bar, but as you said don't hold your breath.

aktrazer

Reaction score
I've been on .215 for about a week now and have noticed a tremendous increase in my battery life. After a typical day at the office (I'm a SQL developer) with moderate/heavy use I'd be at about 50%, now at the end of the day I'm usually around 70-75% so it definitely helped me with battery issues. I'm upgrading a a MAXX Limited next week so I'm sure I'll be back to a charge every 2-3 days again.

robert70

Reaction score
I asked this in another thread, but I'll ask here too, where does one aquire the leak and install it?

Sent from my wicked sharp razr!