Sound does not always work since ICS update

Olivia

Reaction score
I'm having another problem since the ICS update. My sound does not always work. I will go to play a video on YouTube etc. and no sound. I always check to see if the sound is actually on and it is. I did a factory reset already and cleared the phones cache. I also updated to the .215 leak and still same problems. The only way i have found to get the sound working is to turn the phone off then back on. It's happening more often and getting really annoying. Just wondered if anyone else has the same problem.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I had seen that problem happen a few times on my phone when I first went to ICS, honestly I have not tested it since I went to .215. You are not alone though, it is a known issue with ICS.

destin246

Reaction score
You have to make sure your phone is not on silent and it will work

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P

If the phone was on silent then it would not work upon reboot, that is not the problem here many people have documented experiencing the same thing.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I myself have an issue that's strange... if I'm viewing gtalk, I will get a very faint notification, if I'm not viewing it, I will get a loud notification... odd. I've done everything to remedy it... no luck.

It did it on 211, does it on 215.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Also.. I found a way to jump start your sound, download speaker cleaner and run it, it will sometimes get things going.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I myself have an issue that's strange... if I'm viewing gtalk, I will get a very faint notification, if I'm not viewing it, I will get a loud notification... odd. I've done everything to remedy it... no luck.

It did it on 211, does it on 215.

You should do some FDRs :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lmao.. already have :)

OP
Olivia

Olivia

Reaction score
destin246 said:

Like I said already, I've done that.

I didn't realize until today that it also affects my ringer. I kept getting text today but never heard them because sound was not working, and yes the sound was on and turned all the way up. I sure hope it does not cause any alarm problems.

I will try the sound cleaner thing that was mentioned on here. Thanks.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No problem, but it also held sometimes to go Into system settings, sound, volumes, and adjust the notification volume.. it will sometime help to get it functioning..

Caesars

Reaction score
I had some sound problems, aftera hard reset they were fixed, however my problems were a bit different. When streaming music, if i got a text msg it would turn my sound down 90%, i would have to send myself a google voice SMS to fix it lol.

Googorola MAXX

maaybraak

Reaction score
I have ran into the same exact problem. I've been running .232 for about a week now, and this has been the first issue that I've had. I flashed the AXIOMBeam build over it, and as I write this post I have no sound. I'm disappointed because it has been running flawlessly since I got the .232. Idk...

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

LesDroid

Reaction score
Ever since i got ICS i've had the same issue, either i play a video from facebook or youtube it wont have sound, i have to go back to homescreen and do all over again for it to have sound! Very annoying...

Scott0719

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem. I'm not sure if it happens when the screen turns off or what. To get it to work I exit the app i'm trying to use and just raise or lower the volume with the buttons on the phone and it works.

I was going to try a reset but I really didn't want to download and set everything up again and since you said it didn't work I wont even bother. Hopefully an update will come and fix it.

will95133

Reaction score
No sound issue

I have the same problem after ICS upgrade.
However, if I open youtube or any video files at least once everyday, I don't have the problem. But if i open any video file two or more days later, I have no sound (not always though).
At first I just power cycled to get sound back. Today, I just exited youtube, and turned the volume button up and down, and the sound came back.
I hope future ICS update solve this issue.