Disable bloatware

_KevC90

Reaction score
Just wanna know what apps you guys have disabled/removed from your DNA in order to improve battery and memory.

I know everyone might have their different thing but what are the keys ones to help improve it.

indee2025

Reaction score
Improved performance

I disabled the following:

-AlbumMap View
-Amazon
-Amazon (with shopping cart logo)
-Amazon kindle
-Amazon MP3
-Amex Serve
-App Sharing
-Archive Viewer
-Audible
-Automotive Traffic
-Backup Assistant Plus
-Backup Assistant Plus (there are 2 of them)
-Car
-Com.VZW.location
-Dropbox for HTC Sense
-Face Unlock
-Facebook (When I want to use facebook I go to the browser where I have a bookmark, it's less intrusive than the app)
-Google Bookmarks Sync
-Google Calendar Sync
-Google Contacts Sync
-Google One Time Init
-Google Partner Setup
-Google Play Books
-Google Play Movies & TV
-Google Play Music
-Google Play Services
-Google+
-Holo Spiral Live Wallpaper
-HTC Account
-HTC Mobile Sync
-HTC Sync
-HTCDropbox_GLRPlugin
-HTC Mode
-Icon Glossary
-IMDB
-Internet Radio
-KddiSmartNetwork
-Lava flow Live Wallpaper
-Linkedln for HTC Sense
-Location Picker
-Maps
-Market Feedback Agent
-Movie Editor
-Music Visualization Live Wa...
-My Verizon Mobile
-NewBayService
-NFL Mobile
-Notes Widget
-Phase Beam Live Wallpaper
-Picasa
-Picasa Uploader
-Reign of Amira
-Setup Wizard
-Slacker Radio
-Streak Live Wallpaper
-Sync Service
-SyncAll Widget
-Tags
-Talk
-TalkBack
-Tips & Help Widget
-TuneIn Radio
-Verizon Tones
-Viewdini
-Voice Recorder
-VZ Navigator
-VZWAPNService
-Youtube
-Zappos

*I went into settings and disabled anything from syncing automatically. I went into the Google Play Market>settings and disabled admob (serving interest based ads)

*I'm usually up from about 8am until 1am and I use my droid to send texts, plays pandora for 2 30 minute drives, check yahoo and gmail (2 accounts) as well as play SImpsons tapped out and post on facebook through the browser and my battery lasts all day. I have a wireless charging pad I use when I get home.

*I search for directions using the browser and just like your pc, I get routes to where I need to go even with maps disabled....I don't use google music, instead I download mp3 apps from the market that let me rip free music. Anything that isn't on my list above can either not be disabled OR I have uninstalled it and I don't remember what it was called. I'm not rooted, I'm using stock 4.1.1

*I never use Verizon backup assistant...I backup my settings via google and I leave locations services off. I have not ran into ANY problems operating the device for directions, info, accessing the google play store nothing, this is by far the best device I've owned.
-Cheers!