Opinions on DNA Camera

rsdroid

Reaction score
Hi all!

I just picked up my DNA at Best Buy a couple days ago. Upgrading from a Thunderbolt, which despite having to replace 3 times, I really enjoyed.

I like almost everything about the DNA, but one of my main reasons for getting it was it was supposed to have a good camera. So far, I'm highly unimpressed with it! :( My Thunderbolt took good to very good pictures, even indoors, and I can't believe the grainy quality of shots on the DNA both when its cloudy out and indoors.

I was wondering if there are settings that could improve it? I've been tinkering with them, but so far haven't found a good combination. I really want to love it, but this could very well be a deal breaker for me, and I'll return the DNA if I can't figure it out. I simply can't have a phone who's camera isn't at least as good as my TB. I travel a lot and depend on my phone's camera.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

culpin

Reaction score
Make sure you have removed the plastic covering from the camera lens. I know it sounds crazy,but if they put a case on it for you and forgot to take that little piece of plastic off you will obviously get horrendous photos.....my camera is superb but getting it to focus is sometimes a little tricky

OP
R

rsdroid

Reaction score
Thanks, I did remove the plastic before I started using it. I really wish I could get decent photos with this, but the difference between it and my old 'Bolt is drastic. Sadly, I think its going back today! I love literally everything else about it, but I can't take the difference in the camera, its that bad.

Even outdoors photos when its cloudy are horrendous. I don't know if I just got a bad one, or if this is pretty standard?:confused:

Psykho

Reaction score
Both my wife and I upgraded from T-bolts to DNAs and the DNAs camera blows the T-bolt away.Maybe you got a bad one or something because outdoors, indoors, low light, anywhere the pictures are way better with our DNAs...

Robster

Reaction score
I went from an X2 to the DNA and the camera is much better. I can't compare it to the TB though. I can say that I compared the DNA camera to my buddy's RAZR Maxx HD camera and the DNA's camera is noticeably better.

dnalimitededition

Reaction score
I also had a T-bolt then razr maxx and now dna. The camera is a beast on this phone, so much crispier , better. I get lots of compliments of my photos.. I think there's something wrong with yours.

pb1bicdic

Reaction score
I too came from TB, and also starting using the camera with the plastic film on it. I must say I like the camera on the DNA. Check out another for comparison!

OP
R

rsdroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone! I decided to keep it a few more days and play with the settings. Results so far are mixed. Outdoors with lots of sunlight, I'd say its equal to my TB. Indoors, I've been able to improve the pics a lot by lowering the ISO settings and taking it off widescreen.

So, was thinking maybe I would keep it after all, when a new issue sprang up last night! While using the camera, it crashed the phone three different times! The pic just faded out and I was looking at a bunch of vertical lines on the screen. The only way to fix it was hold down the power button til it rebooted. Anyone else had this happen?

Still haven't had a chance to go by and check out another DNA's camera. Hoping to do that today.

OP
R

rsdroid

Reaction score
It crashed again just now, literally after taking two pics. I'm going to see if they'll exchange it for another.

WhoDunIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Just adding another positive for the camera here. Sorry your having issues but for reference, I'm another happy owner. Hope they will exchange for you!