HTC DNA or Droid Razr Maxx HD?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
We can open the debate up again. I had the RAZR then RAZR MAXX always had to leave it on 3g, 4g just didn't want to function 95% of the time. I now have the RAZR MAXX HD does not skip a beat on 4g.

ForumRunner_20130308_130141.png

As you can see my reception not stellar, but all 3 phones were/are in creature of habit mode.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

JennyM

Reaction score
As an update, I'm now using my Nokia DT-900 charging pad for my DNA and I LOVE it! So handy to just lay it down, pick it up, no cords, etc. I have a flexible case on the DNA and still no problem. I know it doesn't charge as fast as putting it on a well charger, but don't think charging from the laptop via USB is any faster. Would be interesting to compare that.
JennyM, there is no reason it should not work as a hotspot while on the charging pad. I have the LG WCP700 pad and it works great. You don't have to worry about how the phone is laying on it.

JennyM

Reaction score
Wonder how the Razr HD would do? Doesn't the "HD" just have a bigger battery and higher resolution, otherwise like the Razr? How could that impact your signal strength?

What app is that to get those stats?
We can open the debate up again. I had the RAZR then RAZR MAXX always had to leave it on 3g, 4g just didn't want to function 95% of the time. I now have the RAZR MAXX HD does not skip a beat on 4g.

View attachment 61068

As you can see my reception not stellar, but all 3 phones were/are in creature of habit mode.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Jenny that is gsam battery app. Under radio usage. The HD series obviously have one more year newer radios installed in them. At the Verizon store the DNA, HD and my old RAZR MAXX all had the same db rating. But I can attest the HD knocks the socks off of the previous version. I opted out of the DNA so I can't report if it could hold the signal as well or not in real life experiences.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Side bar; my signal strength has not changed. The ability to hold on to the signal has. Also with a different rear cover the antenna configurations are most likely altered, albeit to better reception

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
ForumRunner_20130308_132843.png

Sitting in my office that is my normal dbs (it was 110 before it clicked) higher is worse. Old phones wouldn't hold onto it, period.

JennyM

Reaction score
OK, Lloyd, is it? I got that battery app. My readings are: (1) 28%, (2 medium) 72%, (3) 1%. (I'm not currently pulling a 4G signal right now, only 3 bars on 3G.)

So what do these stats really mean? Also, this app I just installed doesn't go to a "6"; it has the 2 rated medium and the 4 rated high. Guess we can't compare.

Wouldn't a speedtest or a db reading be more accurate?

View attachment 61068

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Jenny can you post a screen shot. On speed test the server comes into play.

Sorry took a nap, was going for quitting time but alas some messed up the plan.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
The db reading is in setting>more>signal type strength.

Maybe the app for the DNA only has 4 divisions.

beungood

Reaction score
How did you deal with the camera?

I have the Razr Maxx HD also and am a Moto fan...have had several Moto phones and a few others. Moto is by far the best in overall value/quality. Moto's radios are better. Call quality better. I too was considering the DNA but could not get over the battery given screen size and the 11gb of memory it offered. Just didn't make sense to me why it was put together that way given all the other beautiful specs. Just felt like it was short in a couple of "key" attributes I needed. The Razr Maxx HD hit the mark on everything maybe with the exception of the camera but I have figured out how to deal with the camera enough to be satisfied with it.