"Free" DROID DNA offer "fail"; ends EXACTLY one day before my upgrade eligibility.

Discussion in 'HTC Droid DNA' started by s_a, May 17, 2013.

1. s_a

s_a New Member

I already chatted with some rep. at Verizon and she didn't want to help me. I was very nice, and let them know that it would mean that I will be getting my another phone with a non-official Verizon reseller instead. I wonder if they COULD help if they tried harder, but won't help though? I believe due to this I may be ordering the white RAZR HD instead from Amazon.com, since they can even upgrade my phone even right now, perhaps thinking it will be shipped by Wednesday (upgrade day), which would make sense. My question to DNA lovers is if it would be worth it for me to keep trying to get the "free" phone via coupon at a store (one day earlier than my official upgrade date-the 21st), or just give up and go for the HD. To be honest, I like the aesthetics and feel of the HD better, and love the better battery, but acknowledge that in the end the DNA will have the better camera and screen (though I feel it's a total design flaw that they didn't allow for a SD card slot on the DNA. In short, it's between a possible (but maybe impossible) free DROID DNA, a $49.99 white RAZR HD, and a $69.99 RAZR MAXX HD (seems like a great deal for 20 bucks more, but I do like the white more, along with the slight less bulk/weight, and my budget is SUPER tight during these times.) Feel free to let me know what you think, I understand all of these phones have both their good and bad sides (and my apologies for the horrible formatting, some forums are acting up on Internet Explorer, and seem unresponsive to the Enter key.)
  2. Robster

Robster New Member

The only input I can add is that I have compared the camera on my DNA to a friend's RAZR MAXX. The RAZR camera is noticeably inferior to the DNA camera. That is a big deal for me.
  3. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

I am sure if you tell them you were going to upgrade and its in 1 day they will make an exception. Especially if you make a fuss...
  4. killer_bee

killer_bee New Member

Verizon lets you upgrade up to 7 days early. Dont let them fool you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  5. s_a

s_a New Member

Thank you for that... though it's honestly annoying that they employ so much resistance to begin with, as if the customer was asking for "too much." Especially on this instance (one day difference) they have so much to lose by sticking to the "rules", yet it's seen as "the right thing to do", whereas they could just be helpful just to help a customer out, theoretically ensuring loyalty for years to come.

I am aware of the HD camera's defficiency, BTW, considering my contract phone is a Moto D3, and probably suffers from the same-if not worse-photo taking conditions. The Droid DNA does have better specs minus the SD slot thing, I just wished Verizon's people were more willing to go the extra mile rather than being all "self-righteous" on me. :/
  6. myfishbear

myfishbear Developer Developer

typically the ppl on the hotline are easy to work with. the ppl at the vzw store are usually nuts. i have no problem with the store at short hills but the one in East Hanover treat you like a criminal.
  7. alanb4130

alanb4130 New Member

I have been a Verizon customer since 1997. My contracts upgrade was not until June 4th. I talked to 5 people and finally got someone to help me out. I have 2 HTC DNA phones coming FEDEX Monday sometime. The wonderful Customer Service guy helped me out big time.
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
  8. Liquid Fusion

Liquid Fusion New Member

DNA Deal working now - Good Luck!!!
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
  9. scott9050

scott9050 New Member

My Verizon store upgraded me to the DNA a full year early, so I have no complaints.
  10. JohnFH

JohnFH Member

My upgrade is one year from today. How did you convince them to allow you to upgrade so early?

Sent from my DROID RAZR running 4.1.2
  11. Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Yea, the camera on the DNA is absolutely amazing. The sensor is out of this world. I love the DNA camera.

12. Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Just about guaranteed. The only problem may be that their billing system literally won't let them. Even when you upgrade early on the phone they only have the ability to offer certain phones at certain prices.

13. scott9050

scott9050 New Member

I had to go from an unlimited data plan to one of the new ones.
  14. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

Makes sense, they are more than willing to do anything to get ppl off their unlimited plans.

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta
  15. scott9050

scott9050 New Member

It made sense for my wife and I, in exchange we got unlimited texting and minutes. Since we have never used a large amount of data, it was a win/win.
  16. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

Cool! It definitely is a win-win for some and well worth the change if it is.

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta
  17. JohnFH

JohnFH Member

Thanks, this is helpful!

Sent from my DROID RAZR running 4.1.2
Search tags for this page
4.1.2 update for droid dna
android update 4.1.2 dna
droid dna
droid dna 2
droid dna for free
droid dna free