DINC 2 in hand, trade for iPhone 4

Little812

Reaction score
First of all I realize this is going to be a one sided conversation, based on the location of this thread.

I have a dilemma, my wife has an iPhone4 and I have the opportunity to get either the DINC 2 or the 4. My question is: Can we use the "face time" or video talking feature of both phones when talking with each other?

Different OS and different programs, what are the limfacts?

Is there an app that crosses the lines of the OS (skype keeps asking me to pay $0.02 a minute, not going to happen)?

I like the DINC 2 and I also like the 4, I win either way but the devil is in the details.

Thank you for your responses, there is a wealth of information on here and I would like to tap into a bit of it.

runway500

Reaction score
Morning,
You can't use face time unless both of u have iPhone but there are other video chat apps out. Also
If you use Skype to Skype calling its free not .02, but no Skype with video yet on dinc2
sent from my TBolt!

OP
Little812

Little812

Reaction score
no Skype with video yet on dinc2
sent from my TBolt!

No Skype video on Dinc2, any other apps that may work?

I am leaning heavily toward the Dinc2, but I would like that feature... it makes it easier while deployed to see my family.

OP
Little812

Little812

Reaction score
Just need to know that there is a fix to the problem.

Thank you guys for your quick replies. Everyone re-new their Verizon contracts before July 7th?

Reaction score
There's a lot of talk about Viber for video chat. It's still in beta but you can get it by signing up.

OP
Little812

Little812

Reaction score
Ok, settled sticking with the Dinc2. Gonna fire it up tonight.

Thanks

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I would say that you should go with what definitely works since you are going to be deployed. I have a DInc2 and love it, but it comes far down the list from being able to see my family. Get the iPhone now and you can replace it when you get back. Thank you for serving this great country, and be safe. I'll say a prayer for you and your family.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums