DINC 2 in hand, trade for iPhone 4

OP
Little812

Little812

Reaction score
family. Get the iPhone now and you can replace it when you get back.

Worried about upgrading with the pending VZW data shake up, and I am not slatted to leave as of yet.

Thank you for your support. Make sure no one forgets there are thousands of soldiers missing their families and protecting the rights we take for granted at times.

bik2101

Reaction score
if you are already on unlimited, you will be forever grandfathered into it. that's the latest news from verizon.

OP
Little812

Little812

Reaction score
if you are already on unlimited, you will be forever grandfathered into it. that's the latest news from verizon.

My understanding, I will have to buy the "next" phone outright. I cannot upgrade the device without opting out of the grandfathered plan.

I could be wrong. My wife and I dont use more than 2g per line but I just dont like the idea of paying when I have the option of keeping the unlimited.

OP
Little812

Little812

Reaction score

bik2101

Reaction score
yeah it would seem that for the forseeable future, since there has been no other news to contradict this, that even when upgrading/renewing, we will remain grandfathered in.

OP
Little812

Little812

Reaction score
It makes sence for the shift, since they opened up the iphone and 4G.

Card

Reaction score
I haven't used it yet, but doesn't Qik have an app on the iPhone that allows free video chat with the DInc 2?

rrockich

Reaction score
FYI: Fring works fine between iphone 4 and dinc2. Use it all the time to talk to my kids.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
are you going to be using your phone as a phone overseas? b/c the iphone on verizon likely won't work if you're going to a GSM area... but the Inc2 has global capabilities (i.e. a sim card built in)