Droid X or DInc 2

ChuckG73

Reaction score
I just purcahsed a DX at retail price and have about 7 days to decide if I want to return it. I love the phone and believed it was the best phone on VZW's network...this after owning the Thunderbolt and pretty much every android phone on Verizon. Now the DInc 2 comes out. I went and tried one out in the store and I really like its size and feel in the hand. I am running GB on the X and also hate the idea of going back to 2.2.

Ughh I am torn, what is your opinion?

wolfpack219

Reaction score
Droid x benchmarked higher on the GB leak then the Dinc 2. I just updated my flash player also and damn this DX flies!

qman66

Reaction score
I would not get the inc 2. Its a very disappointing upgrade over the first one. Its only running froyo same processor as first one and no lte. the only noticeable upgrades to it are the screen is a bit bigger and the front facing camera. If u really need the extra camera and of course the unlocked bootloader then go with it. Even though I would prefer the thunderbolt.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I'd just stick with the Droid X in my opinion. Though to be perfectly honest, I'd wait it out for the Droid X2. Should be coming this May.

ColinZack

Reaction score
The DINC2 has a better processor than the first, and more RAM. It is essentially the same upgrade from an EVO4G to a Thunderbolt. Not a huge one, but both the DINC1 and the Evo were really successful and well received phones. I prefer the Thunderbolt to the X after having played with both, and I can imagine the only aspect of the X I'd prefer over the DINC2 would be the larger screen size

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I just purcahsed a DX at retail price and have about 7 days to decide if I want to return it. I love the phone and believed it was the best phone on VZW's network...this after owning the Thunderbolt and pretty much every android phone on Verizon. Now the DInc 2 comes out. I went and tried one out in the store and I really like its size and feel in the hand. I am running GB on the X and also hate the idea of going back to 2.2.

Ughh I am torn, what is your opinion?

Exchange it for the inc 2. HTC supports their flagship phones longer. Motorola locked the bootloader for a reason, they plan on using it to force people who want software upgrades to upgrade hardware too. It drives them insane that people are still using the droid 1.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I'd just stick with the Droid X in my opinion. Though to be perfectly honest, I'd wait it out for the Droid X2. Should be coming this May.

You will never have a new phone. There has been a new, better phone coming out next month for about 2 years now.

bL33d

Reaction score
Agree will get htc devices from now on or until a google open phone comes to verizon. Might look at galaxy 2 if it's not a stepchild like the fascinate is.

EgooEspada

Reaction score

You will never have a new phone. There has been a new, better phone coming out next month for about 2 years now.

Of course. Im only saying hold out for the X2 because it's literally right around the corner, so why not get an upgraded version of his phone if given the opportunity.

I'd also like to point out the Inc2 is pretty locked down. So we'll have to wait and see how far HTC took it this time.

Sent from my ADR6400L

soulshot96

Reaction score
The X² is just a code name in bestbuys computers for a different version of the x that comes with a smaller 2gb SD card. Read up on this stuff people!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

EgooEspada

Reaction score
That was a mistake. I thought the same thing, but there is a legit X² with qHD, dual core and all. Just no 4G.

Sent from my ADR6400L

kingsway8605

Reaction score

Of course. Im only saying hold out for the X2 because it's literally right around the corner, so why not get an upgraded version of his phone if given the opportunity.

I'd also like to point out the Inc2 is pretty locked down. So we'll have to wait and see how far HTC took it this time.

Sent from my ADR6400L

And when the x2 comes out, why not wait for the bionic. The droid 3 will be coming out after that. The dual core iphone after that. Then some dual core lte samsung phone. And so. Just buy a phone when you are ready to buy.