Trading up to a Note 2

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
Trading into a Note 2 tomorrow... coming from an iPhone 5. Looking forward to learning new things and attempting to keep since things are so different from iOS.

My question.... the trade is going down @ an AT&T company store so both phones can be checked for validity. What should I specifically & the rep. look @ w/ the Note 2? So that I'll know this Note 2 is legit, not stolen and won't get blacklisted. Thanks everyone!!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Trading into a Note 2 tomorrow... coming from an iPhone 5. Looking forward to learning new things and attempting to keep since things are so different from iOS.

My question.... the trade is going down @ an AT&T company store so both phones can be checked for validity. What should I specifically & the rep. look @ w/ the Note 2? So that I'll know this Note 2 is legit, not stolen and won't get blacklisted. Thanks everyone!!

They'll have to check the ESN number. Don't worry, the AT&T rep should know what to look at. Just let them know that you want the phone checked.

OP
Thomasjtsi

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
They'll have to check the ESN number. Don't worry, the AT&T rep should know what to look at. Just let them know that you want the phone checked.
That's what I was thinking... that their reps would know what to look for. Is there anything in particular I, myself, should look @ w/ the Note 2? OS & physically? Aside from the obvious cracks, water damage & missing parts.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
That's what I was thinking... that their reps would know what to look for. Is there anything in particular I, myself, should look @ w/ the Note 2? OS & physically?

Open up the back plate and check if there's been water damage.

There are two water damage indicators on your phone. One is on the battery the other is on the phone.
Battery indicator is on the same side as the connectors on the opposite corner.
Phone indicator almost lines up with the battery indicator in the battery compartment.

Both indicators should be white with red x's through them when no water damage is present. When water damage is present the x's will bleed to make the whole sticker light red/pink in appearance.

Here is a pic of the battery (no water damage) the one on the phone looks exactly like this:

rM2v3io.jpg

Here's a helpful link you should check - http://everydayyardsale.com/blog/what-to-look-for-when-buying-a-used-cell-phone/

Here's a video that should help as well.

[video=youtube;YMeGGhunpb4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMeGGhunpb4[/video]

OP
Thomasjtsi

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
Loving it so far! Definitely a big learning curve coming from iOS.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Loving it so far! Definitely a big learning curve coming from iOS.

Congrats! It's a beast of a phone.. Stop by our sister site when you get a chance.. Also look up lucidmike78 on youtube... Plenty good videos & tips..

Noted2x..