Its done... Down with the X. Long live the Dinc!

C

ckcuev

One thing I have to say is both phones are great and as long as its a Droid with the features like these two have its A+++. Either one is great.

ckdroid.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid original is still best for me. I know its an inc thread but it was an interesting thread to read so far so I thought I'd chime in. As a hardcore Droid user I don't feel either of these are a big enough step up, Droid 2 is a fail also. I wonder what the Dinc might become with a stronger following? I hope for all of the Dinc users that shipments get cranking and your community can grow as ours has. There really needs to be less comparison with these devices and more getting along. Lets grow together.

C

ckcuev

Droid original is still best for me. I know its an inc thread but it was an interesting thread to read so far so I thought I'd chime in. As a hardcore Droid user I don't feel either of these are a big enough step up, Droid 2 is a fail also. I wonder what the Dinc might become with a stronger following? I hope for all of the Dinc users that shipments get cranking and your community can grow as ours has. There really needs to be less comparison with these devices and more getting along. Lets grow together.

I totally agree with you. we have all these phones but at the end of the day its a droid unity. grow together to beat the worm that lives in the apple. lol we are droid!!!!

ckdroid.blogspot.com

OP
gpa

gpa

Reaction score
Im just excited about the Android OS and want the best experiance I can have with it. Hence my moving to the Incredible as a preferance. Im happy to report that my wife just called me saying FedEx just showed up with a little package for me. Im pretty excited to get home and fire up my DROID Incredible :) Tomrrow I should recieve my Innocase II along with my 1750 battery. Wish me luck!

TwinChargedDroid

Reaction score
After nearly three weeks with my Droid X I returned it and ordered the Incredible. I tried I really did. A few reasons for my returning the X were:

1- X felt laggy and slow. I would try to open applications and it would sometimes take a few seconds to do it. I tried everything from task killers to alternate launchers (btw LauncherPro rocks imho) Still it felt sluggish compared to my friends Dinc. Also I hated hated hated the lag on the unlock on the X. It really bugged me to have to use a third party unlocker to make it smooth.

2- It just felt a little too big for me. I had to literally carry it on my hip like a gunslinger. I did like the size of the screen, but for everyday use it was just a tad too big. A 4" screen would probably have been a better choice for Moto.

3- Moto Blur is crap. Plain and simple it does not even compare to HTC Sense. The widgets are boring and uninspired. They do not contribute one bit to the user experience. Moto would have done this phone a world of good if it just put plain old Android on it and called it good.

Now I’m waiting for my Dinc. Its suppose to arrive on Wed *cross fingers*. I just thought I would give a shout out to the Incredible people on this forum and let them know my experience. If this post helps anyone in the future as they decide between these phones I will be happy. :)

1- Remove widgets, install LauncherPro and turn off screen lock
2- The DInc is about the same size but with smaller screen
3- Couldn't agree more

It's easy to sing the praises of a phone you don't have lol.

have you every held the two phones together? they are most definatley not even close to teh same size. The screen on the x and the entire dinc are closer. Also if y ou get rid of the lock you run the risk of bumping somthing or accidently hitting icons or widgets or turning things on and off so for anyone who might worry bout that turning off the lock is stupid. I have played with the phones side by side with some of the same apps. evn though the x screen shows better, it does load slightly slower. it can lag on some apps and be faster on others. it also depends on what you have running in the background. we matched our two phones for apps running and closed and my dinc was just slightly faster. The size is much bigger and is uncomfortable in many pockets. I have tried on shorts, cargo shorts, loose fit jeans, baggy jeans, and dress pants and a suit. The dinc fits great in all of them and doesnt stick out too much where as the x only fit comfortably into the baggy jeans and the cargo shorts. The hip holster difference is huge as well. the x just takes up so much space. I personally carry my dinc on my hip and dont have a problem except in the car with the seatbelt. the x i had issues sitting everywhere... The OS on both are good but the blur isnt as up to date as the sense. it just isnt as user friendly and typing text and scrolling just is slightly slower. The x cant keep up with my texting but my dinc can. the same for the original droid. it couldnt keep up, nor could the eris for that matter. Just my .02 but the dinc is a much better phone.

WhosToBlame

Reaction score
Just passed the Droid X over to the wife and took her HTC Incredible. I am a ROM freak. When the Droid X gets some ROM's or some more hacks I will see if the wife wants to switch back. :icon_rolleyes:

OP
gpa

gpa

Reaction score
Im happy to report that my Droid Incredible has arrived and its very slick and smooth. After playing with it all night and DLing all my apps again im very very happy with the phone. Im amazed at how speedy it feels compaired to my old X. Scolling is smooth as silk. One of the features I really enjoy is how well it resizes the browser to read. No sliding it around like I had to do on the X. I double tap and *poof* instant fit to the screen. I love my new Incredible :)

maronn

Reaction score
My question is...When is this thing going to start walking, and chewing gum at the same time?

livetoride85

Reaction score
I just got the Droid X Wednesday...

and I'm thinking I might get rid of it. It's pretty damn big - I'm female, so smaller hands than most of you.

I have tried experimenting with placing all my critical widgets in the second to last row, but I'm having trouble keeping a grip on the phone...it's just too wide.

Me and my BF are headed on an 11hr trip to South Carolina, starting tonight. I'm picking up the stock Car Dock...maybe I'll fall in love with it...otherwise it's all going back next week. If I'm not use to it by then, there's no sense in pushing it...and I want to buy a case...I'm clumsy. Kind of why I'm not fond of the width.

I'm a web designer, I do freelance on the side and this phone...well the "Android OS," is a lifesaver.

I did have problems with Acrobat Reader on the X, lagged a lot, took a lot of time to render. I had all other apps killed and shut off. Still problems. On my BF Incredible, no lag, wonderful. It screwed with my X so I actually removed that app altogether...somethings wrong there.

The camera button on the X...not me. Kinda of annoying and in my way. Though not having a camera button on the Inc? And I'd be giving up the HD...but really my P&S Olympus Outdoor is fine...I'm not a blogger, video blogger and I rarely pull out my camera anyway.

I actually like the X OS skin, but I'm open to change.

I also want Swype...cause I'm already spoiled. I might have found it for his phone, but if I can get Swype (Beta) fully functional on his Inc, I think that will push me over.

And this may be stupid...but the X will look good mounted in my Subi...the Inc is a tad small, but not really. I think this reason should be thrown out the window.

Any other females have the X? Any that have downgraded? Thoughts? I might have just made my case in full for downsizing. This means prob buying an extended battery too...I need that. A minus of going to the Incredible.

livetoride85

Reaction score
Extended Battery?

Im just excited about the Android OS and want the best experiance I can have with it. Hence my moving to the Incredible as a preferance. Im happy to report that my wife just called me saying FedEx just showed up with a little package for me. Im pretty excited to get home and fire up my DROID Incredible :) Tomrrow I should recieve my Innocase II along with my 1750 battery. Wish me luck!

I know it's only been a few days, but how's that extended battery working out and the case if you don't mind me asking? Since I'm thinking of downsizing to the Inc I'd want it...and a second for my BF. Just hoping it's worth the money.

OP
gpa

gpa

Reaction score

I know it's only been a few days, but how's that extended battery working out and the case if you don't mind me asking? Since I'm thinking of downsizing to the Inc I'd want it...and a second for my BF. Just hoping it's worth the money.

Case is awesome! Extended battery not so much. Stock battery in a poor reception building (I work in a brick block) was down to 20% life after a 10 hour day (moderate use of phone... surfing and goofing off at work). The extended was down to 39% at 10am. HORRIBLE for 4 hours unplugged! I even charged it for about 12 hours the night before. Though compaired to my X which would be dead from battery suck at around 3pm, the Incredible stock battery lasted me alot longer. Maybe its a fluke but im sticking with stock for now.

Last edited:

phatkat66

Reaction score
Im happy to report that my Droid Incredible has arrived and its very slick and smooth. After playing with it all night and DLing all my apps again im very very happy with the phone. Im amazed at how speedy it feels compaired to my old X. Scolling is smooth as silk. One of the features I really enjoy is how well it resizes the browser to read. No sliding it around like I had to do on the X. I double tap and *poof* instant fit to the screen. I love my new Incredible :)

Did you ever try pinch zooming in to a desirable size THEN double tapping? It lets you zoom in to any level you want and then adjusting it works great.

OP
gpa

gpa

Reaction score

Did you ever try pinch zooming in to a desirable size THEN double tapping? It lets you zoom in to any level you want and then adjusting it works great.

I did. And it felt sloppy compaired to the Incredibles pinch/tap zoom.

lamoglinsgal

Reaction score
I went from the X to the Incredible and don't regret it for a second! Like the OP, I liked the screen size, but the trade off of having to carry around such a big phone wasn't worth it. Now, something mid-sized between the X and Incredible would be awesome!

Reaction score
There's a lot of X hate going on in here. :frown: This phone is perfect for me, I have rather large hands. I have played with the DInc extensively and quite honestly, I believe they are both stellar phones.