Its done... Down with the X. Long live the Dinc!

gpa

Reaction score
After nearly three weeks with my Droid X I returned it and ordered the Incredible. I tried I really did. A few reasons for my returning the X were:

1- X felt laggy and slow. I would try to open applications and it would sometimes take a few seconds to do it. I tried everything from task killers to alternate launchers (btw LauncherPro rocks imho) Still it felt sluggish compared to my friends Dinc. Also I hated hated hated the lag on the unlock on the X. It really bugged me to have to use a third party unlocker to make it smooth.

2- It just felt a little too big for me. I had to literally carry it on my hip like a gunslinger. I did like the size of the screen, but for everyday use it was just a tad too big. A 4" screen would probably have been a better choice for Moto.

3- Moto Blur is crap. Plain and simple it does not even compare to HTC Sense. The widgets are boring and uninspired. They do not contribute one bit to the user experience. Moto would have done this phone a world of good if it just put plain old Android on it and called it good.

Now I’m waiting for my Dinc. Its suppose to arrive on Wed *cross fingers*. I just thought I would give a shout out to the Incredible people on this forum and let them know my experience. If this post helps anyone in the future as they decide between these phones I will be happy. :)

Phillipsave

Reaction score
I respect that decision, but I'm sticking with my X. In response to your reasons, 1) my X feels fast not laggy; 2) size does matter, but I'd rather have a bigger screen even if it sticks out more in my pocket; 3) don't care about MotoBlur; 4) a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, and I don't need another learning curve; 5) I've heard that Verizon is not continuing with new Incredible orders assuming this batch arrives someday, and I'd rather have a phone that continues to be more actively supported. But I've heard that what your getting is Incredible, so best wishes with it!!

CrazyJek

Reaction score
5) I've heard that Verizon is not continuing with new Incredible orders assuming this batch arrives someday, and I'd rather have a phone that continues to be more actively supported.

U heard wrong. Verizon will not discontinue this phone. And since we are on the subject of what people heard, I just so happened to hear Verizon can not keep up with Droid X orders and they are having a serious shortage. Since Verizon is adding LCD screens to the Incredible lineup in place of some LEDs, they will be shipping out a significantly large quantity from here on out.

For one, i hope so. The Incredible community needs to grow.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I suspect the rumors about discontinuing the Incredible are just that, rumors. There hasn't been anything concrete on that. Are they still having problems catching up due to screens? Yes. But I believe they will keep moving forward until they finally come back on track.

Phillipsave

Reaction score
Ok, after further investigation, it appears that the Incredible was placed on Verizon closeout lists, as reported and photocopied by Kellex in Droid-Life on 6/19 and 6/22. This started the concerns I raised in my last post. However, the Incredible may have gotten there as the result of switching to additional alternative screens, rather than the whole model being closed out, as was then later suggested in Droid-Life. Sorry about that.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Ok, after further investigation, it appears that the Incredible was placed on Verizon closeout lists, as reported and photocopied by Kellex in Droid-Life on 6/19 and 6/22. This started the concerns I raised in my last post. However, the Incredible may have gotten there as the result of switching to additional alternative screens, rather than the whole model being closed out, as was then later suggested in Droid-Life. Sorry about that.

No problems at all. I remember the same article and basically how they (the writers) jumped the gun. The closeout was referring to a change in the stock number for the Incredible, IIRC.

I'm not sure what's cause more "sky is falling" posts lately, the Incredible or the Froyo roll out. ROFL

Not singling you out with the last statement, Jasmo.

jamjr74

Reaction score

Just a heads up on this post! The DI is not being discontinued. What people have seen on the close out list is the closeout SKU # from the original Di box. The DI has changed the box that it comes with and that is it!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
To each his own but I've used the DI and the OP is crazy...X is King :D

BzB

Reaction score
the op makes some legitimate points, however, different people will have different experiences. i've spent probably a total of two hours playing with the droid x and while it didn't float my boat i can see how someone who's only used a droid would think otherwise. or how someone who really wants a big screen phone on verizon would think the x is sliced bread. depends on needs/wants.

screen size aside, i personally think sense ui is the best way to experience android. and i say that having owned a droid for 6 months and tried the droid x.

CherylB

Reaction score

Just a heads up on this post! The DI is not being discontinued. What people have seen on the close out list is the closeout SKU # from the original Di box. The DI has changed the box that it comes with and that is it!

All phones get discontinued at some point. I don't think we can count on years of availability, given how the droid market is off like a rocket with new models being released practically every week. It will be ok. This phone is the best phone I've ever had, and I loved my BB until this one came along, and I loved the previous phone I had. It's silly to get so worried, since they only get better!
I'm just glad I didn't buy into being part of the icult. They only have themselves to look forward to. We at least get to pick and choose by manufacturer, what type of apps we use most...etc.

Mule65

Reaction score
After nearly three weeks with my Droid X I returned it and ordered the Incredible. I tried I really did. A few reasons for my returning the X were:

1- X felt laggy and slow. I would try to open applications and it would sometimes take a few seconds to do it. I tried everything from task killers to alternate launchers (btw LauncherPro rocks imho) Still it felt sluggish compared to my friends Dinc. Also I hated hated hated the lag on the unlock on the X. It really bugged me to have to use a third party unlocker to make it smooth.

2- It just felt a little too big for me. I had to literally carry it on my hip like a gunslinger. I did like the size of the screen, but for everyday use it was just a tad too big. A 4" screen would probably have been a better choice for Moto.

3- Moto Blur is crap. Plain and simple it does not even compare to HTC Sense. The widgets are boring and uninspired. They do not contribute one bit to the user experience. Moto would have done this phone a world of good if it just put plain old Android on it and called it good.

Now I’m waiting for my Dinc. Its suppose to arrive on Wed *cross fingers*. I just thought I would give a shout out to the Incredible people on this forum and let them know my experience. If this post helps anyone in the future as they decide between these phones I will be happy. :)

1- Remove widgets, install LauncherPro and turn off screen lock
2- The DInc is about the same size but with smaller screen
3- Couldn't agree more

It's easy to sing the praises of a phone you don't have lol.

Mojo

Reaction score
Its like I tell all my customers when it comes down to Android devices... all of them are the same in basic capabilitys. It really comes down to hardware design and what do you like the most.

mig991

Reaction score
I really wanted to get the INC, but with the battery issues which I have seen first hand, (2 co-workers have INC and it is ALWAYS plugged in), and no more amoled screen I just couldn't do it.

Let me tell you though it was hard, felt like picking your favorite child. Ultimately though the X won though due to battery being very good for such a large screen and the better responsiveness of the screen.

I have the stock phone and am not making any changes until after 2.2.