Did the Motorola Droid Bionic just clear the FCC?

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sigh, those specs just deflated my hype balloon. I was hoping for at least 1.2ghz. And why don't they give this phone the same capacity battery as the Atrix? Especially considering this phone is actually LTE and would need it more.

Err, I won't survive the wait for anything after this phone, so I'll be forced to get it anyway.
check it out. its the guy who got banned on the AC forums for talking about the end of the world and suicide. wonder how long he will last here on these forums lol
Remind me,NOT 2 listen 2 any of his sermons.lol!!

Covington

Reaction score
Then ill wear a particle accellerator pack jacked right into the charger port...I always wanted to be a ghostbuster when I was a kid anyhow..so now id look the part : )

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I know right? I'm tempted to belly flop in some radioactive waste and gain infinite energy. I'll be the first TRUE wireless charger! dancedroid

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Winston25 of HOFO Post today:

So many weird assumptions. Does anyone posting that Motorola should have used the 4460 know if it is even available to be in a phone yet?
And why are some saying the Photon 4G is a better phone? Both are good phones, I don't understand why some are making it sound like Photon is so much better than Bionic. Is it even better at all?
How is the Bionic half baked? Because it released before it was ready (Thunderbolt) or with a bad antenna (iPhone 4) or was underpowered (lots of examples).

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Does anyone know what screen size it will have?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

It is 4.3". The reason why people thought it was 4.5" is because it was next to a Defy and it was originally said that it was next to Atrix which is 4". So the reason why it looked so large in the photos is because it was next to a Defy which is 3.7":

droid-bionic6-600x463.jpg

bplewis24

Reaction score
Does anyone posting that Motorola should have used the 4460 know if it is even available to be in a phone yet?

According to TI's website and PDF, the 4460 was sampling in Q1 2011, which means it very well could be ready by now.

Interestingly enough, according to Anandtech, the 4440 was also announced to be sampling in Q1 2011 and shipping in "late" 2011: AnandTech - TI Reveals OMAP4440 Specs: Dual 1.5GHz Cortex A9, 25% Faster GPU, HDMI 1.4 3D, 1080p60

Brandon

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Winston25 of HOFO Post today:

So many weird assumptions. Does anyone posting that Motorola should have used the 4460 know if it is even available to be in a phone yet?
And why are some saying the Photon 4G is a better phone? Both are good phones, I don't understand why some are making it sound like Photon is so much better than Bionic. Is it even better at all?
How is the Bionic half baked? Because it released before it was ready (Thunderbolt) or with a bad antenna (iPhone 4) or was underpowered (lots of examples).
Ill take a shot at 2 of the 3 questions-IMO-the 4460 is ready 4 phones,but i think it will appear first n the nexus prime with icecream sand.The photon 4g better then thr bionic-this is a joke rite?IMO-the photon is being built 2 compete with the bberries and the last question-ill leave that one 4 the droidforums commuinty.

bplewis24

Reaction score
Okay, this is interesting. TI's website lists the 4430 and 4460 on this page, but I don't see the 4440 anywhere. Also, it has the same specs as the 4440 when it was first announced. It's almost like the 4460 is the same as the 4440.

Brandon

GBH2

Reaction score
Okay, this is interesting. TI's website lists the 4430 and 4460 on this page, but I don't see the 4440 anywhere. Also, it has the same specs as the 4440 when it was first announced. It's almost like the 4460 is the same as the 4440.

Brandon

The 4440 was renamed to 4460, it is the same SoC, they just call it 4460 now. I haven't been able to find anything stating that the 4460 is ready to ship. I saw one TI video in June saying that 4460 was sampling then and not in production.

bplewis24

Reaction score
The 4440 was renamed to 4460, it is the same SoC, they just call it 4460 now.

Ahh, okay. That makes sense now.

I haven't been able to find anything stating that the 4460 is ready to ship. I saw one TI video in June saying that 4460 was sampling then and not in production.

Well, let's keep our finger's crossed. The main improvements I see are in the imaging sensor and recording capabilities and of course an increase in processor speed up to 1.5GHz.

Brandon

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

It is 4.3". The reason why people thought it was 4.5" is because it was next to a Defy and it was originally said that it was next to Atrix which is 4". So the reason why it looked so large in the photos is because it was next to a Defy which is 3.7":

droid-bionic6-600x463.jpg

In the pic, the bionic looks different then the others I have seen...I preferred the other look...