Bionic has been scrapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdw11005

Reaction score
I went to verizon today asking about there bionic & the manager there tells me they are not putting it out. I was upset & didn't believe him. Then I found articles online verifying the bionic will not come out, at the end of the year Motorola will be releasing a phone with features of the bionic but will be called dinara. Basically the phone didn't get passed by the fcc h they have too many issues with the bionic to release it. It's not stable & overheats too much. I'm so disappointed :(

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

noisyKricket

Reaction score
You have a link for the online article? I'm also not willing to believe this either... Lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't believe everything you read online, the Bionic had issues was revamped and will be released within the next month...

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
If this is an actual true story, the reps on Verizon will say anything to get a sale done that instant.....

OP
kdw11005

kdw11005

Reaction score
I agree but a manager at verizon told me this, in a corporate store.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As far as I remember, those rumors came out a while ago and were never confirmed. The phone probably got revamped and will be still released under the name bionic.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score

Two days before the Direct Fill of the D3 the Manager at my local corporate store told me straight to my face she has never heard of the Droid 3 and that I have to be referring to the D2G - don't give VZW employees that much credibility

Reaction score
I believe it for the reason that I haven't seen any fcc form passing it. And fcc has to be passed before mass production can happen but find a fcc form passed then let's get this shown back on the road

mjones73

Reaction score

Yeah, still, they are clueless and will give you the run around to get to you to buy something now.

Last edited by a moderator:

markwebb

Reaction score
Then I found articles online verifying the bionic will not come out, at the end of the year Motorola will be releasing a phone with features of the bionic but will be called dinara.(

The articles you refer to are dated @ 3 months ago when the Bionic was "delayed" for revamping.

I could not "google" any blogs or articles more recently qualifying your statement.

The Dinara has already been talked about.

Verizon released a website and email sign up campaign about its forthcoming release.

I would be VERY surprised if a cancallation is in order.

Moreover, don't believe every Verizon employee. :)

AdamPA1006

Reaction score

Two days before the Direct Fill of the D3 the Manager at my local corporate store told me straight to my face she has never heard of the Droid 3 and that I have to be referring to the D2G - don't give VZW employees that much credibility
Haha great story. Thank god I found these forums and get much better info now....even if most of it is fake and photoshopped. Still more reliable dancedroid

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Verizon employees are pretty clueless. They know how to do one thing and one thing only.... Sell phones. Don't believe a word that comes out of their mouths.

Droid 2 MIUI

el-cid

Reaction score
I believe it for the reason that I haven't seen any fcc form passing it. And fcc has to be passed before mass production can happen but find a fcc form passed then let's get this shown back on the road

Did the Motorola Droid Bionic just clear the FCC? Motorola had some cellular communication device with 4G LTE clear the FCC on July 1. The confidentiality agreement expires on August 7th for the device so if the Bionic's not coming out around that time some other completely unknown phone probably is.

gkeller16

Reaction score
FWIW I went in to Verizon corporate store yesterday and spoke to a " manager" and in joking I mentioned the bionic and if he would tell me release date and he said august but no firm date. In a separate interaction the day before with the sales rep over the phone I mentioned bionic and she said one second ill look. She came back from a few minute hold and said" I see no bionic in system , its bionic like b-y-n-o-c right?" I said no and spelled it to her and referred her to the signup page. I take info from Verizon employees with a grain of salt ,to most its a job and they could care less about phones, it just pays the bills.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I was at the VZW store earlier today to see if it had the "coming soon" display in the Moto Droid section, which it didn't. I talked to the reps at the store .....again....and all they knew were original specs of the CES version and were still telling me the Thunderbolt was dual core and had 2 chip sets. I argued with them and asked them why none of the display info said anything about dual core and I asked them to show me what the box said. The guy said in their system it said the TB was dual core. That's how stupid these VZW salespeople are.

Edit: Mind you, I was talking to 2 salesreps that were saying the same thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.