Droid Bionic At FCC's Front Doors?

Parter28

Reaction score
Let me add to the Droid 1 owners who's beloved phone has been hanging by a thread for the last few months. I, too, am pretty sure it's due to low memory. My home screen regularly takes a good 20 to 30 seconds to refresh. My update will be available on July 7th and I'm not totally sold on either the Thunderbolt or the Charge. Come on Bionic, I need you!!!

Yeah, it's gotten progressively worse with Froyo and then GB. They've obviously done something to the memory management that is too much for the limited memory in the D1, unless maybe you run a stripped down home theme.

The overclocking does wonders. So does the lock home in memory (I set mine to 0, and redraws are pretty much gone but it sometimes takes a long time to return to the homescreen). Unfortunately, the tradeoff is I seem to have some services constantly being killed an restarting, which is a problem with my corp email.

but I've only got 3 months until my upgrade so I'm going to hold out. I'm using my tablet a lot more, so pretty much all my phone is for is email, calls and google nav, the occasional surfing. I really should strip the thing down to get satisfactory performance given how my usage has changed.

You should try SuperCharger V6. It makes a big difference when it comes to memory management. It really helps your droid. I just bought a Droid on ebay for 20 bucks and have it overclocked to 1.2ghz. I'm surprised at how well it still performs by today's standards.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...tproof-launchers-fix-memory-all-androids.html

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah my d1 is also on it's way out....cant wait for the bionic

Al Neri

Reaction score
My Droid is running slowly but I have to wait til October for my ne2. I have taken off a lot of apps in the hopes of speeding it up but it hasn't helped much. I have zero confidence in my ability to root without bricking the phone so I will just suffer for a few more months.

On the plus side by the time I switch to the Bioni the price willl have dropped and hopefully any lingering bugs will have been taken care of.

njones0100

Reaction score
My droid 1 is about to drop dead. Cracks are starting to creep into the screen, the thing heats up like a superconductor, and the charging port is almost done. The cable now wiggles so much in that port that it doesn't always charge.

My upgrade date: August 8th. I have been waiting on an announcement about the GS2, but I'll have to take a serious look at this one, too. Given the problems I've always had with the charging ports on my phones, inductive charging is a major selling point.

sarreq

Reaction score
anyone complaining about the d1, and are (or are willing to) rooted, go try Liquid Gingerbread b2b. I've not had any problems with it yet.

the shattered screen on the otherhand............