Did Froyo Live up To Its Hype? Are You Satisfied?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by gregsjh13, Jun 11, 2010.

1. gregsjh13

gregsjh13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Browser>Settings>Plugins>Ondemand :)

2. bmxmike

bmxmike New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok chrome to phone explination:

First you need the Chrome Browser on your computer.
    Then you need to install the chrome to phone extension on you comp
    Then install chrome to phone apk on your phone.

Ok now basically say your on your desktop and your looking at web page and leave but still need to look at it. Well you hit a button on the broswer and it pushes where your at to your phone. It launches the broswer and maps automatically. So you could also be searching for a address and then push the map to your phone. Opens up possibilities for down the line for some cool cloud computing stuff to go from a desktop to mobile and vice versa seamleassly

Also couldn't find the on demand is it in the default browser

3. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Chrome to phone also works in Firefox on the PC. U need the FF extension. I been using it in FF since the second leak.

Am I satisfied? I have stated this before: Its Froyo or bust for me from here on out. I am seriously thinking about getting rid of my 2.1 ROM's and most of my 2.1 backups.

I tried a few custom Froyo ROMs, they were nice, but I went back the the orig second leak. Thats what I'm on now. Thats how good Froyo is. For real, the first leak was nice too, but u can tell the difference between the 2, plus some apps got fixed on the 2nd leak.

I only wanted Flash to see if one site worked: radiotime.com. It does, and I dont need Flash for anything else. lol The only time Flash ever gave me problems was with Hulu, audio was out of sync.

The speed increase alone make Froyo live up to the hype. I didnt expect that. Benchmarks is one thing, but everyday use? wow. Folks that have problems, all I can say is different phones, different users, different results. But I feel the majority of us feel Froyo was a success.

Imagine when its Final, no more beta.....

#51 jroc, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  4. muzhik

muzhik Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Current Phone Model:
    OnePlus One
    happy camper here... can't wait for final release

5. ljprevo

ljprevo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am keeping my 2.1 unroot and root backups just in case there is an issue upgrading the 2.2.

I am very happy with 2.2 so far.

6. gotta have that funk

Ratings:
    +0
    im not worried about 2.2 until cyanogen/koush gets a hold of the source and comes out with their own version...

7. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I believe the Onix RoM Runs the smoothest & also runs the Best by far with lots of less Bugs than other froyo Roms & also is Very stable

8. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    I think Froyo is a pretty spectacular update for the speed alone.

1) Heard we have bluetooth dialing now. Haven't tested that, but that was a big weakness Hopefully the final product sees that, along with additional voice controls

2) Flash is nice. Going to be a big deal.

3) Apps2sd I haven't figured out the benefit yet. Sure, I can move stuff to sd from Titanium, but unless your phone was stuffed with apps I don't see the advantage. To me the issue is still RAM, and we need a program to utilize some SD space for virtual ram. Thought this was what Droidswap does, but haven't seen that working anywhere on Froyo.

4) Related to above, it does seem to manage the ram a bit better (my monster Sweeterhome theme is now running flawlessly). However, seems like some apps and processes are still hanging and not being killed. I guess if I'm not getting any errors it's working as it should, just seems like when you add more stuff it's going to be a problem.

5) Wireless tether. Haven't played with it, but niiiiiccceeee!

6) My WiFi and 3G are fubarred. I can live with it until the geniuses here figure it out because my call quality seem to be fine. Whoever said they are getting 3G speeds at WiFi speeds I WANT THEIR PHONE!!! I'm getting about half the 3G speeds I used to (1-1.2 mpgs, when I'm lucky, vs. 2-2.5mgps before) and same for WiFi (3.5-4.0 or so vs. 6-8).

The rest of the stuff like vibrate and browser downloads I can live with. Still primarily use my phone for email and calls and occasional light browsing and no real issues.

On a scale of 1-10, this upgrade looks to be a solid 7 for me (I mean, really, how can an upgrade be a "10" unless it was complete doo-doo before?). IMO, this update is very close to giving us a phone that does 95% of what 95% of people need.

The only remaining sticking point that comes to mind is better exchange integration. If Android phones are going to seriously dent BB's market share they have to get better at email. It works for me, but that's because I'm using K9 and then PureMessenger to integrate Gmail and Exchange, and I still need stock email so I can integrate my calendars. That sort of "work around" won't fly for businesses.

9. RW-1

RW-1 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I like the small tweaks done to it, messaging, email, call log, sometimes it's the little things that improve an experience.

I too never thought it would be mind blowing.

I'm running it without a theme right now.

The thing already brought up is you have people who were running OC'd custom roms who go to this and try it with new roms, encounter issues, then slam the OS for it.

Wait until the final release, and roms built off of that before entering judgement, anything else is just speculation based upon a incomplete build.

I m also hoping that wi fi makes it into it, however I'll live if not by adding it.

10. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So true sometimes the little details is what makes for a better experience lol. I definitely like all the little changes they did to the stock apps. But absolutely adore the performance increase I get.

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid

11. razorseal

razorseal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I found the on demand thing, but it doesn't work properly... like I selected it, went to aol.com and it doesn't seem to load the flash content. you have to like press on the stuff to 'turn on' flash. not sure if that's how I want flash to run.

12. mth04

mth04 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well ya never know when that will happen:icon_ devil:

Search tags for this page

convert apk to asec