Did Froyo Live up To Its Hype? Are You Satisfied?

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

eliassami5

Reaction score
go in to galley and pinch to zoom the pics

I am putting together more tips and tricks found on the site in my sig...the site is the sister site to this and is made by the same admin.

That feature was pretty much taken off the Ipad right? lol

yup yup....but its still cool none the less.

dont forget to add the text to speech trick. You can have it recognize swear words and you can turn speech filter off. So swear all you want and it will type whatever you say.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

eliassami5

Reaction score

ohfire

Reaction score

tribeguy1971

Reaction score
Issues with certain Apps

I believe that I unintentionally rooted my droid with the release of froyo . I waited for a non-rooted release and it came quick . But after downloading it and applying it to my phone , I found that I had superuser permissions , which is only available for root I thought . Turns out I was correct , but I'm ok with it now . I find the flash to be very buggy , but better than nothing . My battery is dying at a record pace though , and I don't know what is killing it and it's pissing me off . I even purchased setcpu , but being somewhat of a NOOB I'm not sure quite how to adjust it for battery life so any help would be greatly appreciated . Also some of my apps aren't functioning correctly . My main gripe is with MLB at bat '10 . When I open the app , it shows the games , but it is grayed out and won't let me click any game , and being a fantasy baseball nerd , that's the only reason I purchased the app in the first place . Any and all help with these issues are genuinely and graciously thanked . Also , can you do a factory reboot when the actual release comes out , or will all the problems be solved before then ? ? ?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't think you can even begin to be critical or Froyo until it officially gets released to the public.

What you have now certainly isn't what that release will end up being for the Droid

???

Reaction score
I like everything besides the browser and that my phone runs hotter that it ever has. but I blame the browser reloadING all the time when it didn't before

oh and Chevy's SS 4.0 is just plain money over the stock leaks.

flash is better that nothing and I have hope for it. oh and Google earth on my SD card is nice. so at the end of the day Google has pretty much given usall something for nothing and that's pretty sweet.

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score
I like everything besides the browser and that my phone runs hotter that it ever has. but I blame the browser reloadING all the time when it didn't before

flash is better that nothing and I have hope for it. oh and Google earth on my SD card is nice. so at the end of the day Google has pretty much given usall something for nothing and that's pretty sweet.

What do you mean ''plain money over the stock leaks''? lol

???

Reaction score

figure of speech, calling something "money" just means its really good.

its smoother, looks better, runs cooler. and just overall works way better on my phone. my phone also seems to like his ulv 1.1k kernel best too,

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score

figure of speech, calling something "money" just means its really good.

its smoother, looks better, runs cooler. and just overall works way better on my phone. my phone also seems to like his ulv 1.1k kernel best too,

Have you tried NexFro? its the Nextheme for 2.2 .

???

Reaction score
Have you tried NexFro? its the Nextheme for 2.2 .

I have not, but I've bbeen playing with this thing for almost a week straight. I think I'm running out of steam for trying new roms for a few days.

but I'll check out some screen caps

Tegamal

Reaction score
Didn't read through all the pages, so this has probably already been said, but nothing EVER lives up to it's hype.