Depressions/waviness in kevlar backing due to heat?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
There IS a protection film that is applied onto the Kevlar from the factory and is meant to be peeled off once you purchase it. Perhaps that's what you see and it's slipped a little bit causing ripples.

Also, Carbon Fiber at those thicknesses is not as strong as you might think. First, it would have to be sealed in epoxy (such as in car parts) which makes it rigid and protects the fibers from scuffs and scrapes which would fray it, but once hardened it then becomes susceptible to cracking.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I know exactly how strong carbon fiber is I've used it in different applications over 20 years. (aero space, medical devices, and also race cars.) As long you don't leave the edges un-protected, an insert panel like in the Razr and Maxx would be perfect.

At any rate the floppy "Kevlar" used in these phones doesn't impress me at all.

Perhaps poly-carbonate might might be a better choice, it's so tough and at the same time ductile. I does absorb plenty of abuse.

Kevlar in a vest stops a bullet by stretching and spreading out the impact, but you'll still get a fraking great big bruise underneath!
Not good for a dropped phone. But it sells, so I guess that's all that really matters.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk