Phone buy back from Verizon.

msblueline

Reaction score
How many people knew that Verizon had a phone buy back plan that allows you to sell your old phone and put the money towards your new phone.

I found out today that they had one.

I asked about them buying back a Droid X and they said they will buy it back for $46.00. :frown:

I then asked them how much the iPhone 4S 16gb was and I was told... You ready for this, ARE YOU SURE... OMG!!!!

dancedroid TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS.... wait, did I read that right... TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS dancedroid

I will only spend $50.00 on the NEW Droid Razr Maxx.

I am STOKED!!!

I will buy an OtterBox for another $50.00

Total spent:

$100.00 on a $300.00 phone w/ accessories.

msblueline

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
Yeah, $9 for Droid. LOL

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jdroid80

Reaction score
Man, u can definitely get more on Craigslist if they're in decent shape. Lol @ $9 for Droid. I'd buy the X for double that at least.

Good luck either way

OP
msblueline

msblueline

Reaction score
Man, u can definitely get more on Craigslist if they're in decent shape. Lol @ $9 for Droid. I'd buy the X for double that at least.

Good luck either way

I hear ya man. Craigslist may take a little while. I have seen iPhones just sitting there for a while now.

Verizon is going to buy it for that price, I'll take it. Especially when I can get the DRM for only $50.00. If I put it on Craigslist I have to wait for it to sell to get the money for the DRM.

I just want out from under the iPhone right now and this seems to be the fastest way to do it, for me atleast.

Many iPhone 4S users are trying to trade for Moto Droid Razr on Craigslist too. Could not believe how many want out form under iPhone. Haven't seen one yet wanting to trade Razr for iPhone.

I miss DROID so BADDDDDD!!!

This will be the LONGEST day tomorrow. Have to wait until Thursday to get the DRM... Atleast it's only one day away.

msblueline

robert70

Reaction score
Wonder how much I would get for my x2 and my BB tour.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

jdroid80

Reaction score
Yeah, $250 for the iPhone is a good deal.

Yesterday I saw the commercial for gazelle.com, and on the website they quoted me $30 for my D2G. I'd rather give it to a family member or friend than sell it for $30.

Reaction score
Just checked into this and it says the actual buy back ended but they do have a trade in program. Not sure if this is the same as the op is talking about.

Basically, you pay for the upgrade and then send your old phone in and they send you a Verizon gift card.

Out of curiosity I checked and the RAZR gets $150 and the X gets $35.

OP
msblueline

msblueline

Reaction score
Just checked into this and it says the actual buy back ended but they do have a trade in program. Not sure if this is the same as the op is talking about.

Basically, you pay for the upgrade and then send your old phone in and they send you a Verizon gift card.

Out of curiosity I checked and the RAZR gets $150 and the X gets $35.

I was in the store today and he pulled it up on the computer. He showed it to me and it showed $250 for the iPhone 4S 16gb.

I hope it's NOT going to be one of those (allow 4 - 6 weeks for delivery) for your gift card. He did say though it would be on a gift card and can be used towards the upgrade. Makes me think I can use it right there on the spot. I even high fived him...

That is going to really suck if I have to wait for it (I high fived him). Gazelle is offering $278 for the iPhone 4S 16gb. I might as well sell it to them and just wait for their money and put towards the purchase if thats the case.

msblueline

EDIT: Well since you said "trade in" makes me think they take in on the spot, being it's a trade in. If I have to send it off, then it's a mail in, I would think.

Arodnum1

Reaction score
I was in the store today and he pulled it up on the computer. He showed it to me and it showed $250 for the iPhone 4S 16gb.

I hope it's NOT going to be one of those (allow 4 - 6 weeks for delivery) for your gift card. He did say though it would be on a gift card and can be used towards the upgrade. Makes me think I can use it right there on the spot. I even high fived him...

That is going to really suck if I have to wait for it (I high fived him). Gazelle is offering $278 for the iPhone 4S 16gb. I might as well sell it to them and just wait for their money and put towards the purchase if thats the case.

msblueline

27 dollars on gazelle for my DX, they are either spot on or so far off its laughable...

OP
msblueline

msblueline

Reaction score
27 dollars on gazelle for my DX, they are either spot on or so far off its laughable...

Better off using Verizon's "tarde in" for $47.00.

I checked Gazelle on my OG Droid and it said "Recycle" ROFL!!!

msblueline

OP
msblueline

msblueline

Reaction score
Thought I would share this information I got off their site.

Verizon Wireless Trade-In ProgramTerms and Conditions

Now you have an opportunity to trade in your used wireless device for a Verizon Wireless gift card.

Please delete all personal information and data ("Content") from your wireless device before trading it in. Refer to the device user guide or the manufacturer’s website for Content clearing instructions.

Devices that you submit for trade in can not be returned to you.

You must accurately represent the make, model and condition of your wireless device in the Trade-In Submission. The appraisal value may be adjusted if:
  • Your wireless device does not match the make, model and condition described in your Trade-In Submission;
  • You do not ship your device using the prepaid shipping label or in the shipping package we provide to you;
  • Your wireless device is received more than thirty (30) days after your Trade-In Submission;
  • The wireless phone has been "locked" by the wireless carrier and could not be activated;
  • The device has been reported as lost or stolen or you do not own the device; or
  • The device received does not meet the eligibility requirements for the promotion code entered.
Your Verizon Wireless gift card will be sent to you within three (3) weeks after receipt of your wireless device. Verizon Wireless gift cards will be issued in the name of the person provided in the Trade-In Submission and will be mailed to the address provided in the Trade-In Submission.

Verizon Wireless gift cards may only be used at Verizon Wireless owned and operated retail locations or for on-line purchases at www.verizonwireless.com. Gift cards can also be used to pay a Verizon Wireless bill (OneBill® excluded) by visiting MyVerizon at www.verizonwireless.com. Gift cards cannot be used at Verizon Wireless authorized agent/retailer locations.

msblueline

OP
msblueline

msblueline

Reaction score
Scratch that last post, this one is better...

69542.gif
Verizon's Phone Trade in Service Hits 11 States
Up to $300 in Store Credit for Old Devices
by Karl Bode
Friday 13-Jan-2012
tags: prices · business · wireless · hardware · wireless

Late last year Verizon started implementing a new phone trade in program that allowed users to trade in their old phones (from any carrier) for store gift cards. While an easy way to quickly get store credit, Verizon's estimates for device value were below what users could get through other online websites. While anybody could use this Verizon website to trade in your device, users couldn't get old phone store credit -- until now. In what appears to be a trial program to gauge profitability, Verizon's now offering credit up to $300 for phones in certain markets. The program is expected to last through the end of the year, and extends to residents of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas.

msblueline

TristanCross

Reaction score
I'm eligible for an upgrade, but I haven't gone month to month yet. I'm upgrading to the Maxx. Will I be able to sell my phone back to Verizon, or will I have to give it back? Basically, do I own the phone?

Sent from my DROIDX