Motorola Razr Maxx Heating up

Bhuvan

Reaction score
i updated my razr maxx to ics a week back, its heating up after using for 10-15mins, battery is going great compared to the gingerbread but the screen and the back of the phone is heating up, please help me what should i do to get rid of this??

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Do you live in a place that has been getting especially hot lately?

Have you been using it more than usual because of ICS?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I have noted the same thing. It has happened especially when i an out in hot weather. I also notice when the reception is bad it heats up, i assume because it's working longer to load information. One time a notice popped up on the screen that said something to the effect of "the surface of your screen it's to hot. Shut screen off and allow to cool" i haven't usually felt that it was at heat levels that were endangering the phone, and it was nice to see it tells me if it reaches a certain level.

OP
B

Bhuvan

Reaction score
Heating

Do you live in a place that has been getting especially hot lately?

Have you been using it more than usual because of

The temperature in india is around 30degrees , the screen warms up een after 15mins of usage

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
That's not especially hot like we've been getting over here in the states. If the phone was constantly in the sun that would explain the heat.

The RAZR's screen is known to get relatively hot so unless it's so hot that it becomes uncomfortable to hold or starts impacting performance, I would not worry about it.

OP
B

Bhuvan

Reaction score
That's not especially hot like we've been getting over here in the states. If the phone was constantly in the sun that would explain the heat.

The RAZR's screen is known to get relatively hot so unless it's so hot that it becomes uncomfortable to hold or starts impacting performance, I would not worry about it.

its the screen that warms up, is there any way of getting rid of this, any app which can ease things up, thanks

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Bhuvan said:
its the screen that warms up, is there any way of getting rid of this, any app which can ease things up, thanks

I think what we are trying to say is that its normal for the RAZR's screen to get hot, so unless it's uncomfortably hot or you get the "hot screen" notice i wouldn't worry about it

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Bhuvan said:

Yes. That's a common occurrence there really is no solution aside from using the phone less/turning down brightness.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
When it gets hot, hold the home key and clear some background apps by swiping left or right... this will free up the processor some. ..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
30° C is about 90° F, not too hot. If your phone gets to be about 40-45°c then it is getting a little warmer than typical. The situations where my phone has gotten too warm have been because I had wifi, data & sync all on but no wifi or data to connect to. The phone was working over time desperately trying to connect and sync with nothing to connect to.

-Make sure you turn wifi off if you will not be using or unable to connect to wifi.
- Make sure your data is set to the type of data you have available or turn data off if no data available.
-only turn sync on when you are able to sync rather than syncing all the time.
-close out-exit any apps/programs you are not using. Like 94lt1 said, too many running at the same time can heat up your phone.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

danwanna

Reaction score
Does swiping apps actually close them? I thought it just removed them from the recent programs list.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Good question and I don't think we know the definitive answer to that. My experience has been that for some apps, it actually does close them, for others-no it does not. For me, the best way to close an app is to back out of it from inside that app. It will still show up on your most recent app list for easy access but at least won't be running in the background.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yes it does.. on most... to find out, swipe the app, then go into manage apps, running apps, and see.

If you want to be totally sure, just go into running apps and stop the apps there.. :)

OP
B

Bhuvan

Reaction score
Yes it does.. on most... to find out, swipe the app, then go into manage apps, running apps, and see.

If you want to be totally sure, just go into running apps and stop the apps there.. :)

My razr maxx shows up 60% battery left at around 9pm in night with some messaging, browsing, emails and few minutes of gaming, is it a good sign?? And how do i end my running apps in the background??