Denver, Co WTF verizon

tsitalon1

Reaction score
Visiting Denver for a week and the verizon signal is damns near non-existent. I bounce from 1-3 bars and my battery is dying in like 5 hours........WTF!

Alabama's signal is great.....I even tried upgrading my roaming list.

aRsTwiX

Reaction score
I get pretty good connection in Denver besides where I live. My house is a dead zone.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've seen the same thing. Sometimes no data signal at all in the hotel, but voice seemed decent enough.

Similar in Chicago. I have a feeling VZW network is more overloaded in major cities than we realize (and you and I are not the first people to say this).

Figure with the IPhone converts from AT&T, plus all the other new sales of IPhone and Android, and it could get ugly real fast. For decent service you might almost be forced to upgrade to LTE in those cities.

But we'll see. Part of the problem could also be signal penetration, and LTE is supposed to be better.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I live on the foot of a mountain and i get pretty decent reception. I can say though, cities usually get good reception. I traveled through texas and i was pleased in most cities but not on some of the freeways. Denver i have no memory of... if we even went through it. I know i know, lots o' help right?

gsDroid

Reaction score
I live west of Denver near the foothills and had to get a network extender for our home due to lack of signal. It works great and I have a good wifi network for most data, browsing, e-mail. Around town, I have not had any problems with reception. My wife calls from her droid and talks with me on her way home from work, downtown, and we never drop a call.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Coverage varies. This is why general discussions (even at the state level) on coverage and "network" are pointless. Every carrier, even Verizon, has coverage holes.