Data issues getting worse?!?

tgbrowning

Reaction score
I'm coming into this discussion late I'm afraid. Could you drop back a moment -- you guys are having problems with service dropping out on you? How often and is it only when you have 3g to 4g changes?

Browning>>>

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

leewhite336

Reaction score
Happens really often for me like 2hrs today with No data And I'm in a 3g area. Hopefully it will get fixed with the upcoming updating but some are saying that it won't even fix that problem. Island I can only hope:$

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

fly2hip8

Reaction score
If the issue isn't fixed with the update, I am filing a complaint with the BBB and FCC.

Contacting Verizon through store, online, and by phone 10 times about this problem is recockulous. Finally, on the 10th time contacting them, they told me it was a software issue. Screw Verizon Wireless Technical support. Bunch of overpriced........insert whatever you want here. :)

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I'm coming into this discussion late I'm afraid. Could you drop back a moment -- you guys are having problems with service dropping out on you? How often and is it only when you have 3g to 4g changes?

Browning>>>

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Mine happens when I'm on 4glte, and that signal becomes too weak. Instead of dropping to 3g, it just disconnects from the network, and it's random as to how much time it takes to reconnect unless I use the Restart Connections app.

I have seen it do the same when it does successfully go to 3g, and then that signal gets weak, say, in my office building, but I'm more inclined to believe that's just because the signal is so weak that it disconnects, but if I go outside where I usually have a great signal, it doesn't reconnect to the network by itself quickly, and again, it's random as to how long it takes unless I use the Restart Connections app.

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
It's not just a 4G to 3G or Wifi issue. Where I live, it's only 3G, when I go to work, it's full 4G signal all the time unless I go into a basement of a building or in certain parts of hospitals. I loose signal all the time and it doesn't reconnect, and I'm not leaving one area and going into another. I can be at my desk or house and not moving and it drops and doesn't reconnect. The airplane mode toggle used to work, it no longer does, ever. Restarting works sometimes, but not always. The other day, 20 resets at my house and I was still without any signal for the day. I actually left it off wifi just to see how long I would be with out it.

My belief is that the difference in towers from area to area as well as a software problem is making it hard for them to get on top of it. I loaded the first set of new radio/kernal upgrades and thought the problem was better, but it only lasted a day or so. I hear the same things about the latest upgrades, for some it fixes it, for others the releif is short term. No OTA until they figure it out is my guess........

tgbrowning

Reaction score
Wonder what in hell is going on.

Nothing changed in your house, I assume. Not near neighbors getting any new electronic devices (or TV dish, what have you)? And you haven't seen any problems crop up with your wifi at home, right?

Sounds like it might be a heat problem -- though those tend to be fairly easy to spot. Borderline cases (just a degree or two too hot) can screw things up in the timing of a processor - I've seen that happen with Intel chips like the 8051.

Keep notes -- you might be able to spot something before verizon or motorola does that could be helpful.

Browning>>>