Data issues getting worse?!?

SgtMike

Reaction score
Still no 4G here in upstate NY (Albany). 3G was out when I woke up and has been on and off all morning.

WTF big red.

mamawm

Reaction score
I had this issue this morning and have not had it before now except (maybe once) very rarely I'm hoping that the patch beginning of november will fix this.

Anecdotally, it seems that any program that uses the internet for voice transcribing / voice commands can cause issues. I installed a text reading app that uses voice actions and that is when I started having (major) issues with my connection.

Just this morning I've had to do airplane mode and reboot and it is still not fixed to where it was just a couple days ago before I install that txt announce/auto-read app. Until I installed that app I have never had any issues with conectivity to this degree.

I do not wish to name the app because the author says it is new and needs testing, and I hope to report to him about my problems this morning, but if you have an app running with a name from Ironman, might want to see if that is causing issues...the addition of that app is the lone thing I have done and my connection problems have never been worse.

I got my connection back partly but it is still not 100%.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
for all of you just waking up and discovering no data. verizon has experienced a nationwide 4g outage, hopefully they will get everything up and going soon, like in the next few minutes.

mandragora

Reaction score
Lost data last night. This morning, still no 3G at my house. As soon as I hit a 4g area, my data came back on. At first I thought there was a problem with my CDMA but I just forced the phone back to 3G and it is working now so I guess it was the network.

tigersharkdude

Reaction score
I'm taking mine back today. I am not receiving anything, no texts or data....all I can do is make a call. GUESS WHAT? I'm deaf, so I cant even make a call. I've got a paper weight in my pocket. Im done with the BS, phone is going back today. I need something reliable, data and texts are my only way of communication with the outside world if something were to happen (car wreck, etc, etc).

OP
N

NinaBelle

Reaction score
Well the outrage MIGHT explain some of last night...but it doesn't explain why I've had to re-boot several times a day for the last week bc it seems to be getting worse. I have wi-fi turned off, and the data loss happens in BOTH 3g and 4g areas, but NOT when changing from one to another...it just seems to happen at random: random times, random places. I'll be flying through Facebook and browser one second, and with the next click, lose it all. Lately, too, my phone will freeze while trying to shut down and I have to do a full battery pull :(
This one issue and the frequency of it it's beginning to strongly outweigh all of the good things about the phone!

tigersharkdude

Reaction score
Been having those same problems ^^, was just dealing with it and hoping the updates will fix it BUT with this data loss I'm PO'd. Taking it back and will rock the D1 until the Nexus Prime drops

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been having those same problems ^^, was just dealing with it and hoping the updates will fix it BUT with this data loss I'm PO'd. Taking it back and will rock the D1 until the Nexus Prime drops

It's not a phone issue, it's a Verizon issue. It's happening to 80% of 4g users.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
So if it's a 4g network issue then why do I also lose 3g data connectivity, even set to CDMA only mode??

leewhite336

Reaction score
So if it's a 4g network issue then why do I also lose 3g data connectivity, even set to CDMA only mode??

Very good question. It sounds more like a bionic problem than at 4g problem. Is this happening with any other phone besides the bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Lgray69

Reaction score
I have a thunderbolt and I had the same problems last night but today no problems...

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

OP
N

NinaBelle

Reaction score
it happens to me more often when I'm in 3g....actually, I'd say 9/10 times it's when I'm in a solidly 3g area that's no where close to the 4g area.
I've rarely heard of this problem with other phones (not saying it isn't happening with them)....but it does seem to affect every bionic user I know of. Granted there are bound to be issues with a 1st run of a new device on a new network, but how long do they REALLY expect us to put up with this mess??? This phone could be the coolest phone on the market right now, and it has awesome specs....the capability is ALL there...so why are they even LETTING it get bogged down with data issues?!?

RawwrBag

Reaction score
Droid Bionic here, in Seattle area with (usually) 100% 4G coverage. I had practically no data yesterday beginning in the afternoon and it's been out probably about 70% of today. Seems like roaming causes it to disconnect. I noticed after I was at work for awhile I was solid, but after walking home it took awhile to come back up.

EDIT: never had any problems with Bionic data at all until this hit.

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
Woke up this morning to no data on 3g. Switched to 4g and it was fine. Now I'm going on 4 hours with no 3g. Also, the wife doesn't have 3g either on her Revo. I'm in western mass

comk4ver

Reaction score
Wasn't there an issue with verizon earlier this weekend about data connections being down idk I never heard if they fixed it...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums