Dark Android Green, Blue, and Red for Liberty 1.5

jawonder

Reaction score
Go ahead and try it, can't be sure without trying.

Nope same , FC too , just gonna wait until there is some fix . I have two other roms back up and i don't have no problem with the market and it the same version .

mudvayne622

Reaction score
Any chance we could get a Facebook done in the black and green? Also Im loving your theme. Looks amazing. Im really trying to do an all black and green setup. If there was a way to make the text under the apps when they are on the homescreen or app drawer green, that would put this theme over the top for me. keep up the amazing work

Last edited:

jawonder

Reaction score
Market updated on some phones to 2.3.2, but it won't cause older versions, like 2.2.11 to FC. Did you wipe before you restored your backup? Try this:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...-re-revisited-vending-apk-37.html#post1293140 There is a fix in here that may work for you.

Can you clarify wiping before restoring a backup i've never wiped before restoring , could not wiping be the cause of me having a no 3G Signal after restoring a backup and also the market FC ? . Some time i have to flash the rom and theme again to correct it ? . I have 3 different Roms on my phone and i switch them ofter , is this : Wipe data / Factory reset ?.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
since you are having issues, it's best to wipe data/factory reset, then restore your backup. If you are still having issues, do a fresh new install, ROM first, boot, then theme.

jawonder

Reaction score
since you are having issues, it's best to wipe data/factory reset, then restore your backup. If you are still having issues, do a fresh new install, ROM first, boot, then theme.

I'm not having the issue right now because i did a fresh start i'm planning to backup or i was afraid to backup and then have the market FC again when I restore , it would be to much work to start over and get it back the way i have it now but i'm gonna backup and then wipe when i'm restoring and see if that makes a difference . Thanks much .

jawonder

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem when i restore from backup even after wiping Market still FC , i think it's liberty i'm not sure but i always have some problem when i restore Liberty from backup when it's themed , i don't have this problem with any other rom . I have Tranquility backed up restored no problem and i have Apex 1.4 backed up restored no problem . I've tried many other roms too .

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Any chance we could get a Facebook done in the black and green? Also Im loving your theme. Looks amazing. Im really trying to do an all black and green setup. If there was a way to make the text under the apps when they are on the homescreen or app drawer green, that would put this theme over the top for me. keep up the amazing work

The app drawer text is controlled by the launcher so it would change if you installed a different launcher. Launcher Pro lets you alter the text color for homescreen icons or hide it. ADW and ADW EX may does the same.

Right now I am trying to get a better handle on changing font colors and theme system apps so I may do the Launcher soon. I have been wanting to do Facebook for a while, just been too busy. Maybe I will have some time to get it done.

I'm having the same problem when i restore from backup even after wiping Market still FC , i think it's liberty i'm not sure but i always have some problem when i restore Liberty from backup when it's themed , i don't have this problem with any other rom . I have Tranquility backed up restored no problem and i have Apex 1.4 backed up restored no problem . I've tried many other roms too .

The market issues have been strange and seem to be random at times. I will be posting a stock Market to aid in finding a solution that is consistent. I am hoping that flashing the stock version, clear market cache, and then flash the themed version will work.

I was having people try the DS market, but it didn't help. Trying the market from the Fission ROM Manager and then switching back helped one person I know. A common fix for market FC is to wipe the market cache so you could try that.

jawonder

Reaction score
Yeah i cleared cache , data even tried the market from darkslide nothing works , i will try one from fission as a last resort .

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
I have a couple that I will upload tomorrow and post to see if they resolve the problem. Let me know what version your market is.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jawonder

Reaction score
I have a couple that I will upload tomorrow and post to see if they resolve the problem. Let me know what version your market is.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Ok thanks man , my market version is 2.2.11 .

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Instructions for troubleshooting market FC issues

For anyone having FC problems with the Android Market, I am trying to see if version differences are the cause. Instead of using the DarkSlide version as a base, I created themed versions for each of the stock versions that I have seen in various ROMs. Since this is the first time I have included the market in my theme, I assume everyone is running Liberty 1.5 currently. Please follow the below instructions and answer any questions below for your current situation to help me resolve this issue. You can answer the questions in a post, PM, or email me @ [email protected].

If you experienced FC issues but already resolved, please answer the following questions:
  1. What ROM and version where you running prior to Liberty 1.5?
  2. What theme(s) if any did you install on Liberty 1.5 prior to installing Dark Android?
  3. What steps did you take to troubleshoot and resolve your market issues already?

If you are still having FC issues, please answer the following questions and then proceed to the troubleshooting steps:
  1. What ROM and version where you running prior to Liberty 1.5?
  2. What theme(s) if any did you install on Liberty 1.5 prior to installing Dark Android?
  3. What steps if any have you taken to troubleshoot your market issues already?
Please follow the below instructions exactly to try and resolve your market FC issues. If your issues are resolved at any step, please post, PM, or email me the answers to the previous questions and let me know what fixed your issues.

1. Clear market data. (You can clear market data by going to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > select All > scroll to Market and select > Clear data)
    • Check to see if the issue was resolved.
  2. Flash Android Market 2.211 (From Liberty) using bootstrap.
  3. Flash Android Market 2.2.11 using bootstrap.
  4. Clear market data.
  5. Flash Android Market 2.2.7 using bootstrap.
  6. Clear market data.
  7. Flash Android Market 2.2.6 using bootstrap.
  8. Clear market data.

To flash the market versions:
  • Copy Market.zip to your sdcard
  • Reboot into Bootstrap Recovery
  • Install zip from sdcard
  • Choose zip
  • Browse and select zip
  • Install zip
  • When complete, use back button or power button to back up
  • Reboot phone

If your issues have not been resolved after these attempts, please send me the answer to the questions and let me know that you are still having market FC issues.

Last edited:

glacious

Reaction score
First off, great theme, and thanks for all your hard work.

three questions:
1) what skin are you using for the green Beautiful Widgets clock/weather? and toggles (2nd green screenshot)
2) On the unlock screen, it shows "Draw pattern to unlock" or the battery charging % in dark red, which is difficult to read against a dark green/black background. Is it possible to change this text color?
3) anyone find a nice Google Maps green icon?

Thanks again

Last edited:

Woof

Reaction score
Love the green theme. Trying to get the weather clock to look the same. I know its BW but where do I get the skins?

Also the links to the Goodies and Widget Locker stuff seem to be dead.