GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
If the update.zip doesn't work, make sure you have RSDLite 4.8 or 4.9. Also, let me know what OS you are running and if you have ever successfully used an sbf from that machine. I have a thread with some work arounds for various RSDLite bugs and other issues that might help. I'll post the link shortly.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ayatesdx

Reaction score
If the update.zip doesn't work, make sure you have RSDLite 4.8 or 4.9. Also, let me know what OS you are running and if you have ever successfully used an sbf from that machine. I have a thread with some work arounds for various RSDLite bugs and other issues that might help. I'll post the link shortly.

Got RSD Lite 4.7 and running 32-bit Windows Vista. Nothing successful as of yet

Last edited:

ayatesdx

Reaction score
Up AND Running

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! flashed a new .sbf and working like a champ!!! I appreciate all the help from everyone. Woooo time to mod again but very very carefully this time. HAHA!

Best part i dont have to go back and re-install everything because i have two sd's. and i took the 16G out and used the 2G for the flash. YES!

Last edited:
OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! flashed a new .sbf and working like a champ!!! I appreciate all the help from everyone. Woooo time to mod again but very very carefully this time. HAHA!

Best part i dont have to go back and re-install everything because i have two sd's. and i took the 16G out and used the 2G for the flash. YES!

Glad you got it working.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com

Great to hear, and now you know what to do to get it back going again!

ayatesdx

Reaction score
Ok now that im back to normal, can someone please explain what I will need and how to get it so I can get this blue theme onto my phone.
My bootstrap recovery is shot. Clockworkmod is gone. Anyway to reinstall is so it will work?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
You need to root your phone. Z4Root should work. Then install bootstrap. Then you can flash roms and themes.

ayatesdx

Reaction score
You need to root your phone. Z4Root should work. Then install bootstrap. Then you can flash roms and themes.

Is liberty 1.5 something I need to get on my phone too? If so, how do I get it?

Ok I reinstalled bootstrap and have z4 ready. I did not root it yet.

ayatesdx

Reaction score
Do I have to go in that order? Root then install? Does it matter?

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Make sure you have your phone set to allow app installation from unknown sources. It is a checkbox under Settings > Applications. Then you should be able to install Z4Root by going to your file manager and selecting the apk. It should give you an option to open it in app manager and then you can install it.

Once it is installed, you can root by clicking the root button in the app. Once you are rooted, you need to click the "Bootstrap Recovery" button in the bootstrap app. That will install the recovery. You can't do that without being rooted.

Once you have rooted and installed bootstrap recovery, you can install a ROM. If you tried to install this theme on a Motorola ROM, that is why you went into a boot loop. Themes are meant to be installed on specific ROMs. Some are compatible with others, but most are not. You can install liberty by following the instructions in the Liberty 1.5 post in the Liberty subforum. Just search for Liberty 1.5 and it will find it.

Once the ROM is installed, then you can install the theme. There are also other versions of my themes for other ROMs. I support RubiX, Tranquility, GummyJAR, and Liberty. They have their own posts, but you can browse the posts in my subforum to find them. I am dabbling with Fission right now and may support it soon as well.

We are a very helpful community, so let us know if you have more questions. Read the thread stetsonaw pointed to. It should elaborate on what I have said and give you a better understanding about what the steps are and what they do.

ayatesdx

Reaction score
AMAZING THEME!!! Everything with my phone is great. But one question, the dockbar is not the blue and black one, it is the liberty 1.5 dock bar so right now its looking pretty silly with all the blue. How to? Also is there a way to get the battery to show the percent like in the green screenshot, for the blue version?

I'm glad to have so many people helping me. I really appreciate it fellas!

Last edited:

ayatesdx

Reaction score
just a curiosity. for my phone is there a way to make the dock appear as it is in the screenshot but instead use the droid font you placed in the goodies pack instead of the lycantext one youve provided? still cant seem to get the dock to show up either. was just wondering if adding that text to the dock is allowable by the phone.

ayatesdx

Reaction score
Ignore my comments about now being able to get the dock there, I have it. just curious if I can apply the droid text now.