Dark Android Green, Blue, and Red for Liberty 1.5

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Uninstall any market updates prior to installing these themes or market only zip. If you do not, you will have issues.

Dark Android is a very detailed dark theme that comes in three different color themes. Each theme has red, green, or blue accents throughout the system.

Changes In This Version:
  • Created a few new icons
  • Removed the tinted lockscreen
  • Black out market with Dark Android tweaks
  • Themed stock Android keyboard
  • Some font color changes
  • Few other mods and tweaks
  • Dark Android Wallpaper Pack (Seperate Download Below)

The following system apps are themed in this version:
  • Google Search Box
  • Contacts
  • Dialer
  • News Widget
  • Settings
  • Power Widget
  • Browser
  • Gallery
  • Photo Widgets
  • Market (From DarkSlide 4.2 thanks to BBCrackman.)
  • Stock Android Keyboard
  • MotoTorch Widget
  • Ringer Widget
  • Google Voice

Coming Soon:
  • New Themed Swype Keyboards
  • Themed Gingerbread Keyboard (that doesn't replace stock keyboard) Done, posted installable Gingerbread keyboard here

green1.jpg
green2.jpg
green4.jpg
green3.jpg

blue1.jpg
blue2.jpg
blue3.jpg

red1.jpg
red2.jpg
red3.jpg
RDLib6.jpg

If you would like to see Dark Android ported to another ROM, Dark Android Designs gladly accepts requests and I will see if we can do so in a reasonable amount of time.

As always, I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone and all mods, including this theme and all others, have the possibility of damaging your phone. I will do my best to support my theme and assist with any errors that may be caused by this theme. Please read all instructions and entire thread before installing. Important information can be within the thread in user posts. Please remember that I do this as a hobby after my full time job so please allow adequate time for me to respond to a question or issue.

To install Dark Android, download the theme package of your choice and follow the below instructions:
You should always backup your system before installing any ROM or theme.
  • Copy DarkAndroid.zip to your sdcard
  • Reboot into Bootstrap Recovery
  • Install zip from sdcard
  • Choose zip
  • Browse and select zip
  • Install zip
  • When complete, use back button or power button to back up
  • Reboot phone

There is also a goodies pack that contains lots of icons, wallpapers, LP docks, and alternate fonts. To use the extra content in the goodies pack, download and extract them into a folder on your sdcard.
  • The goodies pack is not installed. It is extra content that can be applied using the below or other methods.
  • The icons can be applied using Launcher Pro, Desktop Visualizer, Folder Organizer, or one of the many other choices for icon customization.
  • The docks can be used with Launcher Pro.
  • The fonts are in flashable zips so once the individual font zip files are extracted from the goodies pack, they can be flashed.
  • Wallpapers are applied the normal way using the gallery selection or other tool.

For more information about how to use Launcher Pro to modify your dock and icons, check out their user guide here. Thi sis the best method to learn to customize it.

Included below are also themed version of Google Voice, Launcher Pro, and Widget Locker skins. To install the themed Google Voice and Launcher Pro, follow the below instructions:
  1. Copy zip to your sdcard
  2. Remove .zip from filename
  3. Uninstall any existing version
  4. Install through file manager of your choice

To use the Widget Locker skins, download the zip file and extract it to an empty directory on your computer. Review the ReadMe.txt file in the extracted files for instructions on applying the skin. If you have any issues, please post your question to the thread or PM me. Please do not ask "How do I apply the Widget Locker skin?" before reading the ReadMe.txt in the zip file. I will direct you to read it and then come back and ask a specific question.

Download Links
Dark Android Green for Liberty 1.5
Dark Android Blue for Liberty 1.5
Dark Android Red for Liberty 1.5

Extras
Green Launcher Pro 0.8.3
Blue Launcher Pro 0.8.3
Red Launcher Pro 0.8.3

Green Google Voice 0.4.2.13
Blue Google Voice 0.4.2.13
Red Google Voice 0.4.2.13

Green Widget Locker
Blue Widget Locker
Clear (No Sliders) Widget Locker

Black/White Swype Keyboard
Widget Locker Wallpapers
Dark Android Wallpapers
Goodies Pack

If you like my work and want to help me continue my work... please donate.

LogoMed.png

Last edited:

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
nice this is nice dont like the font so much so its great that its an option. What exactly is the widget locker?

droid fetish

Reaction score
luv the looks, how do i get the themed dock bar? also dont get how to install goodies. help appreciated. I have only installed files via zip through clockwork.

Last edited:
OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
luv the looks, how do i get the themed dock bar? also dont get how to install goodies. help appreciated. I have only installed files via zip through clockwork.

The goodies.zip is just extra content that can be used to theme your phone, it is not something to install.

The dock bars can be used with Launcher Pro, ADW EX, or any other launcher that allows you to use a custom dock image.

The icons can be applied with any app that lets you choose icons for shortcuts. There are a few mentioned in the OP.

The wallpapers are applied like any wallpaper.

The fonts are in flashable zips and can be installed with Bootstrap.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
Upon installing this theme on liberty 1.5 i lost the liberty settings or whatever it was called in the settings of the phone. Thats pretty much a deal breaker for me since i use that alot. Liberty Toolbox is still there but the settings part is missing. Any fix to this or is it a known thing?

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Which one did you install? They should all have the Liberty version of Settings.apk. Let me know which one you installed so I can check it and update if it has the wrong one.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

macninja

Reaction score
Which one did you install? They should all have the Liberty version of Settings.apk. Let me know which one you installed so I can check it and update if it has the wrong one.

Just checked this on my phone as well, blue droid and the Liberty settings are gone as well.

Toolbox is there, liberty settings under the settings menu is gone.

LibertyX15-BlueDroid.zip downloaded on the 6th

38.7 MB (40,653,967 bytes)

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score

Just checked this on my phone as well, blue droid and the Liberty settings are gone as well.

Toolbox is there, liberty settings under the settings menu is gone.

LibertyX15-BlueDroid.zip downloaded on the 6th

38.7 MB (40,653,967 bytes)
Yup its the Blue droid theme. A fix would be nice since i really like this theme over gingerbread now.

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
I'll have it fixed in the morning. The other colors are correct, that one didn't get the righht apk for some reason.

macninja

Reaction score
I'll have it fixed in the morning. The other colors are correct, that one didn't get the righht apk for some reason.

NP Thank you sir, I didn't even notice until I read the thread but just saw it was not there so wanted to pass on the info. I am loving the theme and appreciate all the hard work put into it.

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
nice this is nice dont like the font so much so its great that its an option. What exactly is the widget locker?

Widget Locker is a lockscreen replacement app that is very popular. It gives you a ton of functionality when it comes to your lock screen like
  • Put widgets and shortcuts on your lock screen
  • Have Hancent or Chomp SMS show popups on your lock screen
  • Hide popups and calls behind lock screen
  • Hide or be able to expand status bar on lockscreen
  • Use a different wallpaper for the lockscreen
  • Use multiple or no sliders with different designs like rotary, iphone, sense, and others
  • Reposition your unlock slider
  • and do a lot of other cool stuff

I am surprised you have not heard of it. It is and has been for a long time one of the most popular apps for Android.

Here is an example
View attachment 27159

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
NP Thank you sir, I didn't even notice until I read the thread but just saw it was not there so wanted to pass on the info. I am loving the theme and appreciate all the hard work put into it.

Blue version has been updated to include the correct settings apk with the "Liberty Settings" section.

macninja

Reaction score

Blue version has been updated to include the correct settings apk with the "Liberty Settings" section.

ty :) downloading now

Edit: Flashed, all looks good ty for the update

Last edited: