GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
First off, great theme, and thanks for all your hard work.

three questions:
1) what skin are you using for the green Beautiful Widgets clock/weather? and toggles (2nd green screenshot)
2) On the unlock screen, it shows "Draw pattern to unlock" or the battery charging % in dark red, which is difficult to read against a dark green/black background. Is it possible to change this text color?
3) anyone find a nice Google Maps green icon?

Thanks again

The skin in the screenshot is spirelli-gingerbuntu.
The red text isn't changable without decompiling and recompiling. I will have to reinstall Liberty and see if I tinted the lockscreen more. Mine is easy to see on black and other dark color wallpapers, but I am running Fission right now.
Can't help with the icon.

Love the green theme. Trying to get the weather clock to look the same. I know its BW but where do I get the skins?

Also the links to the Goodies and Widget Locker stuff seem to be dead.

The BW skins are available in the app. When you select skins, there are 2 tabs. One is installed and the other is download. Skin name is above.

Woof

Reaction score
First off, great theme, and thanks for all your hard work.

three questions:
1) what skin are you using for the green Beautiful Widgets clock/weather? and toggles (2nd green screenshot)
2) On the unlock screen, it shows "Draw pattern to unlock" or the battery charging % in dark red, which is difficult to read against a dark green/black background. Is it possible to change this text color?
3) anyone find a nice Google Maps green icon?

Thanks again

The skin in the screenshot is spirelli-gingerbuntu.
The red text isn't changable without decompiling and recompiling. I will have to reinstall Liberty and see if I tinted the lockscreen more. Mine is easy to see on black and other dark color wallpapers, but I am running Fission right now.
Can't help with the icon.

Love the green theme. Trying to get the weather clock to look the same. I know its BW but where do I get the skins?

Also the links to the Goodies and Widget Locker stuff seem to be dead.

The BW skins are available in the app. When you select skins, there are 2 tabs. One is installed and the other is download. Skin name is above.

Found it Greg. Thanks. Live the theme. Between this and Liberty I cant put my phone down.

glacious

Reaction score
BW is failing to download skins right now, ill try it later. Thanks for the help Greg.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

sk8

Reaction score
Hey Greg, I haven't been through the fc market issue guide yet but have some quick questions in regards to the issue.
When did you put the black market in the theme?
I ran the green theme with no issues on Rubix 197, the market wasnt themed. I just flashed liberty no issues with the market until the green theme was flashed with the new market. Is there a way to see what stock market version is installed. I restored a previous backup with out the green theme , no issues.
Ill give another fresh flash of theme ago, then ill flash the market versions and report back when I get the time and a good charge.

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Hey Greg, I haven't been through the fc market issue guide yet but have some quick questions in regards to the issue.
When did you put the black market in the theme?
I ran the green theme with no issues on Rubix 197, the market wasnt themed. I just flashed liberty no issues with the market until the green theme was flashed with the new market. Is there a way to see what stock market version is installed. I restored a previous backup with out the green theme , no issues.
Ill give another fresh flash of theme ago, then ill flash the market versions and report back when I get the time and a good charge.

The Liberty release is the first to include the market. The market that comes with Liberty is 2.2.11. It is an issue that only happens on some phones and I have not been able to determine what about those phones causes the problem. I never had a problem and I know at least 30 others that I have spoke to did not and everyone started out with stock Liberty. Some that have had problems could flash the theme and were fine after that.

I will probably have to include the market as a separate component in future releases, but will also provide a restore option for those that it doesn't work with. The problem with that is that flashing the stock market doesn't always fix it. bbcrackman over on MDW thinks you cannot change the images without having problems, but if that is true it has to only be certain images since the stock Liberty market has modified icons.

Try flashing the 2.2.11 market after flashing the theme without rebooting in between and see if it works for you.

sk8

Reaction score
I restored to stock liberty 1.5 reflashed the green theme . I wiped data and cache and cleared market history prior to the flash. Market opens as of now. It opened originally then eventually started to fc. Ill see if it starts to fc again. As of now with the fresh flash the market is working.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Odd, the whole market issue, I haven't seen it at all, and i went through about 4-5 themes in the Theme Changer before I finished making mine. Pretty much every PNG in my version of the market has been changed since 2.2.7, running 2.3.3 now with no issues.

I did read in a Market inversion thread that if the market auto updates, then you cannot revert back to an older version, you have to stick with the current versions, themed or unthemed. Just something to keep note of.

and Sk8, good to see a local on here!

sk8

Reaction score
After reflashing the market seems stable with no fcs yet but now I'm unable to download anything via wifi or 3g. The wife's phone a stock fascinate downloads fine.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I had a problem where i had no signal, took a reboot, may have tried that already, but just suggesting.

sk8

Reaction score
Issues have continued with the themed market. I've flashed all the files you have listed with no luck. They all force close. Ill try a few more things then ill probably uninstall for the time being which is unfortunate because you have the best looking theme.
Back to rubix.

sk8

Reaction score
I think I've gotten it straightened out Greg.
The issues I believe I was having was the theme LP .apk. titanium kept backing up a previous themed LP .apk. I uninstalled LP and deleted liberty and reflashed a clean liberty flashed the dark theme and reinstalled the themed LP. Apk in that order and now the market works fine.
I'm not sure if launcher pro was the actual cause but uninstalling LP and reinstalling the new fixed the issues.
If anyone else is having market force close issues make sure that titanium isn't backing up themed versions of anything for other roms

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Odd, the whole market issue, I haven't seen it at all, and i went through about 4-5 themes in the Theme Changer before I finished making mine. Pretty much every PNG in my version of the market has been changed since 2.2.7, running 2.3.3 now with no issues.

I did read in a Market inversion thread that if the market auto updates, then you cannot revert back to an older version, you have to stick with the current versions, themed or unthemed. Just something to keep note of.

and Sk8, good to see a local on here!

It's good to see someone post that isn't having the issue. I have not been able to replicate unless I flashed all of the test versions and then flashed the whole theme. It definitely has to be the version, I guess some have been updated after the Liberty install while others didn't. I don't know for sure what the current version is or how many are out there right now on handsets. It is a real pain.

I think I've gotten it straightened out Greg.
The issues I believe I was having was the theme LP .apk. titanium kept backing up a previous themed LP .apk. I uninstalled LP and deleted liberty and reflashed a clean liberty flashed the dark theme and reinstalled the themed LP. Apk in that order and now the market works fine.

I know there are issues with Titanium Backup and Launcher Pro. It is recommended to use the Launcher Pro backup/restore features instead of TB. It is probably just a coincidence that it straightened out at that point since the market issues have been random and re-flashing that time may have worked due to the previously flashed version. I am thinking the different versions need to be flashed in a specific order at this point or certain mods cause the issue. I just cannot figure out what the difference is between handsets that causes this. Still working on it though.

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
New test market version for those having FC problems with the market. Flash using the same instructions as the theme. Download it here.