DAE feel that this might kill Motorola?

Reaction score
With one of the longest delays on one product ever, other than Duke Nuke'm Forever, this also has the highest anticipation of a monster phone on our hands.

With that said I feel that IF and I say IF the Bionic doesn't blow our minds away (And a dual core 1ghz processor will not cut it), I think Motorola should definitively be punished either by financial failure or a black mark on their reputation. This is just stupid on their part IMO. We as consumers are getting frustrated every part of news of them delaying the phone. Now with rumors/speculation of the SGSII releasing before and possibly contending with the Iphone the Bionic is already behind the game.
This is not about hardware/software debate, this is about how you feel about Motorola's motives in times like this in the technology race.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well.....Moto did release other phones on Verizon recently, other phones on other carriers recently... There was an article just posted today in the News section about the success of the Droid 3 so far.

Not trying to be funny but the world doesnt revolve around the success of the Bionic.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Well.....Moto did release other phones on Verizon recently, other phones on other carriers recently... There was an article just posted today in the News section about the success of the Droid 3 so far.

Not trying to be funny but the world doesnt revolve around the success of the Bionic.

I don't completely agree with the OP but just thought i would make a note here.. I would put most of the success of the D3 on the BOGO offer from verizon..

The thing with the "delays" is that the Etna (original bionic) was scrapped so from my understanding the Targa (new bionic) isn't really that far off pace from it's original speculated release date.. I also find these people getting mad at vzw/moto for "missing" release dates.. being that NOTHING ever official has been released except "summer" and this morning when i went outside it was still summer..:D Now with the CEO saying Sept release if they miss that, then yeah maybe a little frustration would be warranted but otherwise just calm down..

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea the BOGO... I guess we wont really know if folks really like the D3 until months from now.

Its just that some folks are putting the success of the entire company on the Bionic. I dont think thats the case. I shoulda put the world doesnt revolve around the Bionic and Verizon.

I guess I should kinda adress the first post more....

How do I feel about Motorola's motives in times like this in the technology race? If the delay means a better product, more power to you Moto. If the Bionic comes out with some major flaw...then maybe they should be punished by the consumers. I dont think they need to be punished for any delay or perceived delay tho, especially if it means a better product.

And just a lil question: how is the Bionic already behind the game vs. the GS2 when the GS2 hasn't even hit the States yet, even if it comes out in Aug? By that logic that both are already behind. The iPhone....we might as well put that in its own category....

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You have to realize these companies are concerned about the average consumer, not the die heard followers of all things Android. I bet most people don't even know what the Bionic is, or that its been delayed. The only place any news of this is on Android sites and we make up a small % of the population. If there was some real issue that the general public should be concerned about the mainstream media would have had something on it.

end of line...

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
You have to realize these companies are concerned about the average consumer, not the die heard followers of all things Android. I bet most people don't even know what the Bionic is, or that its been delayed. The only place any news of this is on Android sites and we make up a small % of the population. If there was some real issue that the general public should be concerned about the mainstream media would have had something on it.

end of line...

Very well said, so well in fact I am just typing this for fun.

Oxymoron

Reaction score

end of line...

^this
+ 1 brother

*customized tapatalk signature*

Reaction score
With one of the longest delays on one product ever, other than Duke Nuke'm Forever, this also has the highest anticipation of a monster phone on our hands.

With that said I feel that IF and I say IF the Bionic doesn't blow our minds away (And a dual core 1ghz processor will not cut it), I think Motorola should definitively be punished either by financial failure or a black mark on their reputation. This is just stupid on their part IMO. We as consumers are getting frustrated every part of news of them delaying the phone. Now with rumors/speculation of the SGSII releasing before and possibly contending with the Iphone the Bionic is already behind the game.
This is not about hardware/software debate, this is about how you feel about Motorola's motives in times like this in the technology race.

Not to be rude but this has to be one of the stupidest posts of all time. What are you a Verizon stock holder or something? The world doesn't revolve around the release date of the Bionic. You make it sound like Moto is deliberately delaying the product. I doubt that. Only in fanboy rumors has any date been set for release of this device. You have not been lied to or had any real promise broken. Only your rumor fed expectations which have zero connection to business deadlines, marketing, or production schedules.

And sometimes companies just screw the pooch. It happens. Remember the Newton , Windows ME, the Edsel, or New Coke? Apple, Microsoft, Ford, and Coca-Cola are all still going strong. 6 months from now some other phone will be the next big awaited device. And Bionic isn't likely going to be a total bust like my examples. It will come out in September which is when Targa was aimed for to begin with. Get a fraking grip. It is just a damn phone.

1ceFiend

Reaction score
For me, its not necessarily the delay, since it was always going to be q3. But the lack of communication by either Moto or VZW. Why was the D3 released seemingly out of the blue, though we knew it was coming? There's been a lot of hype before release with the other 4g phones, but it seems we still know very little about the Bionic. I just feel they should have the decency to tell us something if they want us to buy it. They must know how many have been watching this since February. So that, plus all the other phones coming out, I'm second guessing this.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
Marketing cost money and if the phone is questionable, being put out on a very tight schedule, which might be missed, then from Moto/VZW's points of view WHY would they want to hype up a phone that might not even make the lineup?

Two for all the non hype this phone is the most talked about phone in recent memory. Perhaps the silence IS part of the marketing plan. Let word of mouth build anticipation for it and a faction of the costs of real marketing efforts. Simply put pulling your chain is cheap and gets the word out as this topic proves.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
I don't completely agree with the OP but just thought i would make a note here.. I would put most of the success of the D3 on the BOGO offer from verizon..

That's exactly what shaped my decision. For what I use a phone for, $75 beats $275 any day of the week. Especially if the specs are kind of close with the Bionic having 4G and some more RAM over the Droid3.

tcayton49

Reaction score
For me, its not necessarily the delay, since it was always going to be q3. But the lack of communication by either Moto or VZW. Why was the D3 released seemingly out of the blue, though we knew it was coming? There's been a lot of hype before release with the other 4g phones, but it seems we still know very little about the Bionic. I just feel they should have the decency to tell us something if they want us to buy it. They must know how many have been watching this since February. So that, plus all the other phones coming out, I'm second guessing this.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

As much as I would have loved to hear something from moto or VZW, what did you really expect them to say? They announced it for Q2, then announced it was delayed until Q3/summer. Should they have come out every week and said "Its not ready yet, but it will still be summer" I think they announced september as soon as they were certaain it would be september which is all we could realistically asked for.

mjones73

Reaction score

Yeah, they are gonna go out of business over a cell phone, I guess they'll have to stick to all the other electronics they manufacture to hold them over... :rolleyes:

droidrenegade

Reaction score
Guy’s, really all this fuss , what is it about your disappointment in a phone!!
It all boils down to this .Motorola is not stalling anyone.:) They want to release this phone . But keep in mind ,at this time the Bionic is only going to be on Verizon’s :) network,, what does that mean well since it is 4G lets look at the LTE system how many customers, or on this system at this time, not many in the overall picture . So the amount of phones that will be sold is not that great,, compared to the customers that will be on the system later in time . Motorola is trying to be the first to come out with a dual core phone that will be ground breaking in the industry ,the longer it delays the more it hurts Motorola they are trying to build a name . As the phone alone is not going to be a great profit maker. But if they do it right down the road it will sell them many more phones(They will not be the Bionic). So believe this they want to get this phone out,, but not for you the individual person but what It MAY get them in the future ,,and they want the phone to be all it can be.dancedroid