Analyst Predicts Motorola Will Still Sell 500,000 Verizon Phones Despite Bionic Delay

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola-Mobility-Logo.jpg

Terry Kuittinen, a financial analyst for MKM Partners, issued a "buy" stock recommendation for Motorola on Friday. In his analysis, he does not believe the delay of the Droid Bionic will affect Motorola's sales much this year. Part of his analysis rests on the fact that British carrier Orange, recently launched Motorola’s new ATRIX smartphone ahead of upcoming competition like the Samsung Galaxy S II and the LG Optimus 2X. He further added that in the U.S. he feels that because of the higher pricing of 4G LTE phones like the LG Revolution, HTC ThunderBolt and Samsung DROID Charge, Motorola will see enhanced success with their upcoming $200 dollar Droid X2 with Verizon. He predicts that it will help Motorola sell 500,000 phones this quarter.

Hmmm... I don't think anyone informed him that you can get the HTC TBolt for a lot cheaper than that. What do you guys think of his analysis? Maybe he should frequent DroidForums more often... ;)

Source: BGR

Zecpull

Reaction score
I Think the DroidX2 is going to be Very hot.. there are many Moto Droid Fans.. and I for one would buy the DX2 before the HTC phones..

sb1831

Reaction score

Hmmm... I don't think anyone informed him that you can get the HTC TBolt for a lot cheaper than that. What do you guys think of his analysis? Maybe he should frequent DroidForums more often... ;)

I don't think enough people purchase their devices from alternate sources for his figures to be off by that much. I know exactly 0 people in my personal life that have gotten their phone from a source other than Verizon B&M stores, their website, or a retailer.​

UNC

Reaction score

I don't think enough people purchase their devices from alternate sources for his figures to be off by that much. I know exactly 0 people in my personal life that have gotten their phone from a source other than Verizon B&M stores, their website, or a retailer.​

+1, sure you can get one cheaper elsewhere, but I have to agree. Everyone I know buys from the B&M stores... When spending that much money, most people like to actually hold the device in their hands...​

Guyute

Reaction score
I think moto's stocks would soar if they unlocked the bootloader.

No it wouldn't. Considering the options with Liberty ROM for the Droid X and apps like Droid overclock, how many people need it? The answer is very very few. I for one don't need an unlocked bootloader. Custom kernal, different size boot animations, some other things I don't remember, big deal.

What majical things would you be doing with an unlocked bootloader?

donzz

Reaction score
[QUOTE

What majical things would you be doing with an unlocked bootloader?[/QUOTE]

The magic of tethering.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I think the Motorola Atrix will be a solid seller, due to AT&Ts lower prices for phones purchased for new service or family plans. I just picked up an Atrix this past Tuesday, and absolutely love the phone. I bought it because I'd read that it was easy to root - and it was! Unbelievably, one click EASY - but waited until the price came down to $99.00. My thought is it was an incredible bargain for the price - AT&T is just more reasonable on what they ask for the new high end phones. That'll be the key to Motorola selling a lot of phones - reasonable prices.

-Mike

UNC

Reaction score
What majical things would you be doing with an unlocked bootloader?

The magic of tethering.

You don't need an unlocked bootloader to tether... You really just need to pay Verizon... Even if you don't pay Verizon you don't need an unlocked bootloader...........................

I'm not saying this to be an a##hole, but if you aren't sure about something, don't speak on it. That's a lesson my folks taught me long ago, and it has served me well......

donzz

Reaction score
[QUOTE Even if you don't pay Verizon you don't need an unlocked bootloader...........................

[/QUOTE]
How do I do that with my Droid?

donzz

Reaction score
Also, how do I adjust wifi search times without an unlocked bootloader?

Guyute

Reaction score
[QUOTE Even if you don't pay Verizon you don't need an unlocked bootloader...........................
How do I do that with my Droid?[/QUOTE]

Google is your friend, it will answer all your questions. So will searching this forum.

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
You don't even need root to tether so that isn't even a valid reason to lock down the phone and I personally would buy moto again if they were unlocked as well as recommend them again to my friends and family.

I am not gonna even bother getting into why unlocked is so much better but to me it is a must have period...

sb1831

Reaction score
How about people stay on topic and don't derail yet another Moto thread with crying about the bootloader and tethering.