Motorola and Intel's September 18th Event Teases "Edge to Edge" & "Speed"

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
[video=youtube;U3cMPejVrb8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U3cMPejVrb8[/video]​

Motorola and Intel are holding an event on September 18th and chances are they will be revealing the Atom-based smartphone that has been rumored for some time. In the teaser above, “Edge-to-edge” and “speed” are the two keywords about the upcoming device with a montage of Fighter Pilots, F1 Race Cars and crashing waves playing throughout. The Edge-to-Edge screen has our attention and we have a sneaking feeling it will not disappoint. Let the speculation begin on specs and features.

Via:Motorola

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I wish it was coming out over here!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it really an event that is being held, though? Sounds like it is simply the official launch date of the European RAZR M (after all, they claim the M has an 'edge to edge' screen, AND the European model is supposed to have Intel Inside). The only thing I cannot figure out is why the same device on this side of the pond is going to have a Qualcomm chipset. Makes me worry that maybe the Intel chipset doesn't play "nice" with LTE.

52brandon

Reaction score
Is it really an event that is being held, though? Sounds like it is simply the official launch date of the European RAZR M (after all, they claim the M has an 'edge to edge' screen, AND the European model is supposed to have Intel Inside). The only thing I cannot figure out is why the same device on this side of the pond is going to have a Qualcomm chipset. Makes me worry that maybe the Intel chipset doesn't play "nice" with LTE.
wouldn't be much of a surprise. 4G doesn't play well with a lot of chips right now. Isn't the intel chip in the phone just an atom chip too?

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I predict dissapointment. However, I will be happy to finally see atom based phones come into the fray competing.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Dave12308 said:
Makes me worry that maybe the Intel chipset doesn't play "nice" with LTE.

That's my guess, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason. With how popular LTE is and the fact it's a world standard you'd think chip makers would better support it.