D1-Miui-1.5.6

adjacks86

Reaction score
I just put this rom on the other day an aside from a few known issues it's flawless. But I'm having a problem that I don't see stated anywhere else. My Gmail app has disappeared from the home screen, and since there's no app drawer I can't just put it back. I have to go into the market and go to my installed apps find the Gmail app and open it from there which is kinda annoying. Does anyone know how I could get it back on my home screen? Any help is much appreciated.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

mjh68

Reaction score
I just put this rom on the other day an aside from a few known issues it's flawless. But I'm having a problem that I don't see stated anywhere else. My Gmail app has disappeared from the home screen, and since there's no app drawer I can't just put it back. I have to go into the market and go to my installed apps find the Gmail app and open it from there which is kinda annoying. Does anyone know how I could get it back on my home screen? Any help is much appreciated.

Should be able to go into manage applications and uninstall the Gmail app and just redownload it .

cowsquad

Reaction score
You probably misplaced it, could be inside any folder or anywhere. You can uninstall it from the market and then reinstall it

adjacks86

Reaction score
Ok, I went to manage applications but it didn't give me the option to uninstall. And when I go into the market it only gives me the option to open my Gmail but not uninstall it.

mjh68

Reaction score
Ok, I went to manage applications but it didn't give me the option to uninstall. And when I go into the market it only gives me the option to open my Gmail but not uninstall it.

Hmm, if you have root explorer you could look in system app and find the apk and delete it manually.

adjacks86

Reaction score
I just tried that via super manager and when I go back to see if it's deleted it reappears. Would root explorer be any different?

adjacks86

Reaction score
Ok...I got root explorer and did it no problems. Thanks for the help

adjacks86

Reaction score
I got a quick question for anyone who knows the answer. Since this rom has a built-in backup is it still possible to a nandroid backup via SPRecovery? Or is that not needed on this particular rom?