Cyanogen Mod for the Incredible

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you go into rom manager and chose the download rom, you should now see CM is now available. it is in early test phase from my understanding so im sure not everything will work perfectly. keep that in mind please before you download. also remember to wipe and backup. all credit for this goes to koush.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Not everyone uses RM.

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not everyone uses RM.
im sorry to hear this. its a great recovery tool. but i havent seen a version out for sprecovery yet. sorry for the inconvience

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Want to see some screen shots of cyanogenmod on the incredible and the stability. I think the incredible will do better with cyanogen based roms and clockwork then people think.

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ill post some tonight if someione else hasnt by then. its running strong. not alot of issues but there are some naturally with it in the test stage.. but with the things that are missing it still is way better then sense.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
SO Doug, the CyanogenMod 5.0.8 test1 in RM is a ROM specifically for the Incredible ?
I also see Google Apps,
How much do you know of these?
Stability?

I am one click away from installing on my Incredible Via RM,
Do both work in conjunction with the other or are they different roms all together?

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
SO Doug, the CyanogenMod 5.0.8 test1 in RM is a ROM specifically for the Incredible ?
I also see Google Apps,
How much do you know of these?
Stability?

I am one click away from installing on my Incredible Via RM,
Do both work in conjunction with the other or are they different roms all together?
google apps arent allowed to be included in roms so they are a septerate download. so yourt gonna want to do that. also i my known issues are no sync with facebook and no maps and there are screen issues with lines running through it. not a biggie. others have claimed sms doesnt work but mine does. im using this as my main rom for today. if you really need a phone to work i would recommend maybe waiting for a bit. if ya need any other questions answered please feel free to hit me up on gtalk... [email protected]

itll be quicker to get a response. ill help anyway i can

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
also one more thing as of now the gallery doesnt seemed to pick up pics from the internal memory. so all the pics ive takeen with this phone arent showing up.

and yes to answer your main question this is only for the incredible but i believe the many vendor setup used to port it over are bits and pieces from the n1 and other phones. thus the screen issues and not getting internal pics. im sure these will get worked out in time.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Well, for now, with those issues, I am just going to wait a bit longer till they all get a better grip on it.

I am in no rush at all :p

mejdam

Reaction score
WARNING!!!!!
BACKUP PRIOR TO INSTALLING THIS ROM, Current CyanogenMod Rom corrupts your internal 8GB so if you have pictures make sure you create a backup and just in case copy the contents of your internal to your sdcard. location for 8gb internal is /emmc/

Donate to Koush by purchasing his Rom Manager Premium APP

For those who dont have rom manager
Download:
CyanogenMod-5.0.8-test1-Inc.zip

1. Unzip File
2. Place CyanogenMod-5.0.8-test1-Inc folder in \sdcard\clockworkmod\backup\
3. Boot to Custom Recovery and do a wipe first
4. choose nandroid - restore and select CyanogenMod-5.0.8-test1-Inc
5. Enjoy :)

Last edited:
OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
for those who dont have rom manager

http://www.DiegoAMejia.com

1. Unzip File
2. Place CyanogenMod-5.0.8-test1-Inc folder in \sdcard\clockworkmod\backup\
3. Boot to Custom Recovery and do a wipe first
4. choose nandroid - restore and select CyanogenMod-5.0.8-test1-Inc
5. Enjoy :)
thank you.

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i havent tried through the computer yet but i noticed the gallery doesnt pull from there. and thank you for putting the donate in your original post. he deserves it