custom CW recovery is out

Lynx

Reaction score
I used my mac as well and it was super easy. No drivers to install or worry about, just download the tool and run it, plug in phone when prompted, and the app took care of the rest. Highly recommend using a mac for this if you've got one lying around.

Ya I agree, my problem was that I had it on HTC Sync on plug-in for the phone instead of having it on charge only.

Acid7711

Reaction score
This thing is completely badass.

Windows, Linux, AND OSX?! Freaking awesome!

I've found it works best rooting under windows, and using this under OSX. I guess it's whatever works for most people, this is awesome. Amazing work!!!

dnoyeb

Reaction score
This thing is completely badass.

Windows, Linux, AND OSX?! Freaking awesome!

I've found it works best rooting under windows, and using this under OSX. I guess it's whatever works for most people, this is awesome. Amazing work!!!

That's exactly what I did with 4 phones so far.... root in windows and apply the reflash via mac. works like a champ.

only weird thing i've noticed is that the windows version includes clockwork 2.0.1.0 vs the mac version pushes 2.0.0.7.

not sure if there is a big enough difference to worry bout at this time though.

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
koush and the unrevoked folks have done us a favor and updated this to the newest clockwork recovery version. keep in mind this is the only method as of now to update the recovery. flashing a new recovery through clockwork mod is only temporary and does not stick.

the link to xda with some more indepth instructions
Unrevoked team: Recovery reflash tool (updated!) - xda-developers

please enjoy and thank the developers.

jakemerrell

Reaction score
Having Trouble using the Tool

I am having troubles using the tool I have my phone plugged in and I tell it to charge only and then nothing happens. I have rooted my phone with the 10 min root and I have uninstalled the HTC sync. It says something about usb debugging needs to be enabled how is that accomplished?

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am having troubles using the tool I have my phone plugged in and I tell it to charge only and then nothing happens. I have rooted my phone with the 10 min root and I have uninstalled the HTC sync. It says something about usb debugging needs to be enabled how is that accomplished?
please go into settings and in the applications settings youll see development. click on that and you should then see a place to check usb debugging. click that.

also if you dont know what usb debugging is i fear you may not even have root yet and the exe would not work for you at all. did you get into adb while in recovery yet?

jakemerrell

Reaction score
please go into settings and in the applications settings youll see development. click on that and you should then see a place to check usb debugging. click that.

also if you dont know what usb debugging is i fear you may not even have root yet and the exe would not work for you at all. did you get into adb while in recovery yet?

No I have rooted and I just couldn't remember for the life of me where the debugging was. I know I have enabled it once before and I kept looking under connect to pc. Well thanks worked perfectly after I enabled usb debugging. Sorry still a noobie a guess!

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

No I have rooted and I just couldn't remember for the life of me where the debugging was. I know I have enabled it once before and I kept looking under connect to pc. Well thanks worked perfectly after I enabled usb debugging. Sorry still a noobie a guess!
no problem.

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
i still dont quite understand the difference between using this (unrevoked) and rooting (10 minute video method or whatever). can someone please explain? thank you

nfcrockett

Reaction score
i still dont quite understand the difference between using this (unrevoked) and rooting (10 minute video method or whatever). can someone please explain? thank you

10 min video is to "root" your inc, unrevoked tool is to flash a "custom recovery" that will allow you to flash custom roms.

Last edited:

boxs21

Reaction score
I got stuck as well, why is not so simple?
grey.png