[ROM] Cryo for Droid Dna -Verizon OTA V2 2.06

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
ya just fixed the bug in v1.1.4
thanks for being specific with the error so i could recreate it.
if u upgrade just wipe the system folder (keeps your data) and install the new zip

Awesome. And I get that from your download page?<--noob question,I know. Lol. I just woke up and don't wanna do too much thinking. Lol

Last edited:

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
Another bug to report. I got the update,applied successfully,and now I get this kernel tuner error,even though the app works fine. If I clear it off,it comes back within ten seconds or so.

View attachment 60972

Btw,if there is a better channel to report bugs to you,let me know and ill use that instead from now on.

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Another bug to report. I got the update,applied successfully,and now I get this kernel tuner error,even though the app works fine. If I clear it off,it comes back within ten seconds or so.

View attachment 60972

Btw,if there is a better channel to report bugs to you,let me know and ill use that instead from now on.
this thread is fine. yeah thet verson was updated on play... the version i put in there was a bum version. so just update it:)

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
It didn't show in my app list on play store,but a simple uninstall/reinstall fixed it.
Btw,my data bars work since I flashed the updated Rom.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Do I have to be on 2.04 to use this rom? Currently I'm on 1.15 with the 2.04 radio and engineering hboot.

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Do I have to be on 2.04 to use this rom? Currently I'm on 1.15 with the 2.04 radio and engineering hboot.
no, you just need the 2.0.4 radio... technically it will upgrade you cuz it flashes the new stock kernel and its based off the ota...(to downgrade simply flash a 1.15 rom+kernel) that's what i have.
just remove kernel tuner on this version. its faulty.

Last edited:

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing that but I'm not sure if the 1.15 kernel will work with the 2.04 base. People who've taken the OTA have screen flicker problems when using a 1.15 based kernel, but I don't know if that holds true if you only have the 2.04 radio and rom with everything else on 1.15.

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing that but I'm not sure if the 1.15 kernel will work with the 2.04 base. People who've taken the OTA have screen flicker problems when using a 1.15 based kernel, but I don't know if that holds true if you only have the 2.04 radio and rom with everything else on 1.15.
my rom flashes the 2.04 kern so you dont need to worry about having to manually flash it.
1.15 kernels give you the flicker. i think it has to due with updated moduels/files/drivers and new updated kernel matching

Freakstyler

Reaction score
ya just fixed the bug in v1.1.4
thanks for being specific with the error so i could recreate it.
if u upgrade just wipe the system folder (keeps your data) and install the new zip

v1.1.4
3/3/2013
-removed mms and replaced with htc mms to fix picture txt bug

Aww, And i was just getting used to the messaging app that was in 1.1.2... I liked the black with white text contrast. But it's for the best. I can have my custom backgrounds on sms/mms back now.
I also fixed my Lava live wallpaper, I just took the APK from the Stock system/apps and threw it into the system/apps of 1.1.4 and it works fine.
Thanks for the quick update, I also went back to your Kernel to get rid of the flicker. A couple extra MHZ on the CPU isnt worth the screen flicker.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
my rom flashes the 2.04 kern so you dont need to worry about having to manually flash it.
1.15 kernels give you the flicker. i think it has to due with updated moduels/files/drivers and new updated kernel matching

I can't go without a custom kernel, I will just hold off flashing the rom until the source is dropped and the developers create a custom kernel out of it.

Freakstyler

Reaction score
I can't go without a custom kernel, I will just hold off flashing the rom until the source is dropped and the developers create a custom kernel out of it.

I know how you feel... It's been nearly a month and the source hasn't been released yet... I don't mind using the stock 2.04.605.2 710rd Kernel, just so long as Wifi tether works. I've been using my phone for internet ever since I got my verizon unlimited data. Back when Android was in its infancy. I was using Windows mobile back then. I still have my WMWIFIROUTER license code i'll never again have to use, since the downfall of the windows mobile marketplace and windows mobile; and of course my new found fandom of Android, being rooted and Wifi tether for root users.

The only thing custom kernels provide me is bragging rights, Starting up quadrant and showing off my phone speed compared to all of my friends. Other than that, custom and overclocked kernels provide me nothing that the stock kernel does just as well.