Considering rooting my fiancées DINC

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
My girlfriends DINC has begun to have major MMS problems and all Verizon and HTC can say is that 'we know the problem exists'.

With that said my fiancee is considering letting me root and put a custom ROM on her phone since the warranty is now expired anyways, which was her main concern with rooting.

My first question is, how is Gingerbread Running on the DINC? I want stability for her so if it's still got some nagging flaws I'm not interested. I know from experience with my D1 that Froyo > Gingerbread (at least for the A855).

Also, if DINC prefers Froyo; some ROM suggestions would be great. Tho I will probably end up putting a CyanogenMod ROM on there.

Would be great to get some suggestions and insights from the DINC community since I have never really been a part of it.

Thanks in advance. dancedroid

lsdozer

Reaction score
I have run CM7 and OMFGB with great success. Very fast and customizable. I also had good luck with Skyraider 4.0. Equally nice.

However, I cant use them anymore due to the awesome work that has been done on the gingersense ROM's and the Hybrid Sense 2.1 w/3.0 features. They are fantastic.

The 3.0 ROM's are very cool also, but still sorta buggy and they take awhile to calm down.

lsdozer

Reaction score
Since I dont want to run the risk of breaking post etiquette, I will say that the ROM's I have been enjoying are over at XDA. They are the Sense 2.1 ROM's with Sense 3.0 features baked in.

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I popped in CM 7.0.3 and its running pretty good. She loves the punk pink theme a lot.

Any good kernels? I'm noticing incredikernel is a top pick but the link for the recent build on xda is broken.

Stock kernel seems ago but I notice a rare screen twitch from time to time.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

lsdozer

Reaction score
Truthfully, I dont play with Kernels much. My phone seems to run pretty good with any kernel. I have used InvisibleK kernels before, but I haven't used the recent ones.

Just for fun, try one of the GingerSense ReMix ROM's from either JoelZ9614 or WDFOWTY, or NewtRoot. They have some cool features. Mainly the lockscreen and USB charge/disk drive feature.