Favorite/Best ROM that is stable?

Gadawgs29

Reaction score
did you use rom manager to apply ruby? if so, apparently there are issues with installing it that way, and you are supposed to do it with recovery and apply the ruby zip first, and then google apps.

Ok well maybe that was why ruby was messing up. Ill manually do it with using it. Thanks

Sal R.

Reaction score
Tried CM and ShadowROM for the DInc. Both vanilla android.

I found ShadowROM to be the least buggy with most features working. Issues I'm having w/ Shadow is that I would lose 3G connectivity overnight while it's charging. I have to reboot to get it back. The other issue is that there's no access to the internal 8gb storage.

For CM, I could never get the camera/video working.

S

spacemanps

Any of you guys try Virtuous 2.7?? In the past few days i have tried Ruby, CM, Skyraider and finally Virtuous.... And personally, i found Virtuous (Stock Sense Froyo with fixes) works soooooo good. Motion is fiuld, no lag (which is what i am looking for) It is the only rom i have tried that didnt have some sort of lag time in typing or app menu etc.. I installed it via rom manager with the custom kernel and the Revo Theme. looks great feels great!

[ROM] Virtuous v2.7 (9/14/10): Stock Sense/Froyo v3.21.605.1 w/Fixes & Enhancements - xda-developers

OP
D

Dinc_User

Reaction score
i've finally gotten around to resolving my radio issues. now have 2.05xx. i just tried cyanogenmod 6.0.2 and email kept crashing and i couldn't mount the sd card on my computer. i think skyraider 3.1rc is next up on the list. i'm guessing you load 3.0 then patch with the update?

i tried virtuous 2.7 before i reflashed my radio, so i really didn't give it a shot. one thing i've noticed is that with the camera you have to go through two steps to switch between camera and video, whereas with most of the other roms there is a switch right out there to flip between the two. if skyraider doesn't work out i'll give virtuous2.7 another go.

OP
D

Dinc_User

Reaction score
i loaded skyraider 3 .0 and it works perfectly. i love it, no issues.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I've just flashed the newest FrankenROM and I must say, this is pretty sweet. Very quick and no bugs that I've found yet. I might even favor it a little over Skyraider 3.1 and I REALLY liked that.

craighwk

Reaction score
Virtuous ROM w/ Adrynalyn's custom kernel

This is what I am using as well and so far so good. I hate ROMs that pile a bunch of crap/customizations into the system, so it's nice to see Virtuous being so clean.

bldkcstark

Reaction score
I don't see recommendations for Redemption Rom. This is my current favorite. I have tried pretty much all ROMS for the DInc and I like it the best. It is a slightly modified version of Virtuous, which is my second favorite.

I installed Virtuous ROM rotary lockscreen with music over the top of Redemption ROM and it work's great.

Redemption Rom is not available in ROM manager. You will have to go to XDA developers site to get it.

Just my $0.02 anyway.