connection woes

kanyonkritter

Reaction score
ok so ill try to be complete as possible ever since i have joined the ranks of "smart" phone user's it seems I have been plauged with connection issue's. I live within 2 mi. of a verizon tower and within 3.5 to 4 from another which is some what obscured by terrain. I've had a D1, D2G, and now the Razor. The D1 I ended up running cm7 the D2G I ended up running Hexen. The only reason I ever rooted any of these phones and began tinkering with them was because they both constantly dropped calls and data would turn on and off lkike a light switch I.E. 4 bars, no bars, 4 bars, no bars. All at the risk of voiding warranties because Verizon is so worried about protecting their precious proprietary software. LMFAO I could understand if it worked well, was flawless, and without fault but come on really verizon???? it seems your smart phones are always in a constant state of being fixed update after update to fix issue after issue....get it right the first time. Grandpa always told me if you dont have time to do it right the first time how in the world will you ever find time to do it right the second time but I digress. So here I am with my Razor, out of the box the thing is great smoking fast no issues what so ever and slowly, within the matter of 4 to 5 days it starts to deteriorate to the point where a data connection is merely a dream and staying connected in a phone conversation is a joke. A data reset resolves the problem for only a short peroid of time, I am on my second Razor, I've been round and round with Verizon "Tech support" about the problem, and nothing is ever really accomplished. These problems occured stock with no apps added, stock with all sorts of apps, rooted no apps, rooted with Rom Tool Box, before the OTA and all of these configurations after the OTA. Do I have to wait until an SBF is released so I canb start running ROMS like Hexen (had a radio build I am pretty sure BTW my D2G running Hexen was the best luck I've ever had with a Droid, not perfect but as close as I could ever get it) before I have a reliable phone that doesnt need constant, I am talking twice a week constant, resets. One last thing I am on the old unlimited data plan not sure if that makes a difference or not but there you have it. So is there anyone who is VERY familiar with the andoid software that might have some insight to the source of this very frustrating issue that I seem to have with EVERY droid I have ever owned????? Theres gotta be somebody that can help :frown:​